what is Best Practice for all off keypad button

arw01

A have put a couple ALL OFF buttons onto a pair of strategic keypads.

Now I need to "program" them to be functional.

What I did so far is leave them as toggle on and off (which leaves them lit when they really should be off)

and have them run a program that turns off a number of scenes one at a time with about 1 second delay.

This allows me to turn off the lights and get the rest of the kpl buttons to turn off too.

But I do not think this is the "proper" way to do an all off. All off is not something you can search in the wiki because it's 3 letter words and those are too short.

How do you guys handle your all off buttons?

I do what bsobel does, with the same results.

What I did so far is leave them as toggle on and off (which leaves them lit when they really should be off)

and have them run a program that turns off a number of scenes one at a time with about 1 second delay.

I would do this with a scene, rather than a program. Add all the devices that fall into the set of "all" (those that you want to go off when you press one of the two buttons) as responders. In addition, add the two "ALL OFF" buttons to the scene, as controllers. Configure the buttons to be in non-toggle off mode.

From then on, each time you press one of the two buttons, everything will turn off.

I may work on that for a while. Probably have to run a pigtail off the wirenuts to get an access point right next to this old keypad. It takes MANY tried to get it to take some programs. The hops bounce from 2 to 0 back to 2 all the time at it's spot. Have not figured out what's eating that signal.

Archived