What iOS app do you use with the ISY?

NewbieTri100

What's everyone's iOS app of choice to control insteon devices linked to the ISY? And why?

I'm interested in iPhone and iPad apps. The apps don't have to be universal.

So far I see the following apps?

Mobilinc

IntelliHome

EK ISY

AtHome

What are the pros and cons for each? There's a wide variety of pricing.

Thanks in advanced for your input.

Regards,

Michael

I use Mobilinc HD and iRule. Looking into Demopad but I need to build a WindowsVM to operate their designer software and I haven't quite convinced myself that its worth the effort yet.

-Xathros

I use Mobilinc HD and iRule. Looking into Demopad but I need to build a WindowsVM to operate their designer software and I haven't quite convinced myself that its worth the effort yet.

-Xathros

Thanks for the input. I should also mention that I use solely Macs if that's relevant. I also use iRule for my AV equipment. It doesn't seem to integrate with ISY very well. Seems like a very tedious process.

I plan to use iRule to control the lights in the theater and my most commonly used lights. Hoping to find an easier app to control most of the other insteon and eventually Z-wave devices.

Thanks again for you help.

I started using Mobilinc but due to certain limitations I'm gradually moving everything over to Demopad. Demopad whist requiring technical ability, provides for users who wish to customise the HA interfaces look and feel from scratch. The continued support from Demopads developer is on par with that of ISY's developer. The other feature of Demopad is that it can control many other devices besides ISY which has allowed me to integrate everything into a true multi page touch interface that controls my lighting, home applicance, heating and humidity, music, power consumption and weather etc.

Regards,

Wayne

I started using Mobilinc but due to certain limitations I'm gradually moving everything over to Demopad. Demopad whist requiring technical ability, provides for users who wish to customise the HA interfaces look and feel from scratch. The continued support from Demopads developer is on par with that of ISY's developer. The other feature of Demopad is that it can control many other devices besides ISY which has allowed me to integrate everything into a true multi page touch interface that controls my lighting, home applicance, heating and humidity, music, power consumption and weather etc.

Regards,

Wayne

Thanks Wayne. I'll add Demopad on my list of apps to research since you are the second person to mention it.

Archived