Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

whywork

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by whywork

  1. Updated to PG3x from PG2 and PG3 on my Polisy Pro. Cleared java cache, redownloaded fresh jnlp. Start admin console and am offered option to goto/logon PG2 and PG3x. I thought PG2 was removed when migrating to PG3x. Clicking on PG2 option goes nowhere. Suggestions?
  2. Hi I dont have Din Relay but do have Digital loggers web powerswitch Here is the network resource i use to turn on outlet 3 GET /outlet?3=ON HTTP/1.1 Host: 192.168.1.174:8074 User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 Connection: Close Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded Authorization: Basic (password is requested, then saved when setting up network resource)
  3. Some closure I have a PolisyPro in production and a retired/disconnected Isy-994i pro (polisy Pro connected to USB dongle 2448A7 - which means I hope to never have PLM power supply capacitor issues - with Isy-994i pro pre-configured as backup, but I digress). With PG2 and PG3 running - both PolisyPro and Isy-994i pro were configured/had node servers assigned. PG2 and PG3 connected to the PolisyPro but happily "ignored" the missing Isy-994i pro. After the migration with just PG3x running it seems PG3x is VERY upset that the Isy-994i pro is missing! Why do I say that? I deleted Isy-994i pro from PG3x configuration and the FreeBSD CPU usage went back down to 3% (from 50% - 70% or greater) Everything started working and no more up/down starting messages. Seems like everything is working OK even after 24hrs. Perhaps PG3x could be a little more forgiving; my wife tells me I should try to be.
  4. Hi, Thanks for the quick reply. I appreciate your help. I have no clue as to who/what 000db95336 user is or the plugin it is related to. This is a "plain vanilla" Polisy Pro that was running perfectly OK with PG2 and PG3 three days ago with assorted "plug-ins"/node servers. CPU utilization spike came only after following posted instructions to migrate to PG3x. I am unsure as to how to query "top" to learn more about the "rogue" user/process. I am happy to help with further information if I can. Suggestions?
  5. 99 Node failed then Node connected messages today Package upgrade, warm boot, cold boot. Started looking at uptime and noticed what look like average load averages increases here is the output of "top" last pid: 6508; load averages: 2.30, 2.15, 2.19 up 0+08:26:27 11:54:48 62 processes: 2 running, 60 sleeping CPU: 52.2% user, 0.0% nice, 1.8% system, 0.2% interrupt, 45.9% idle Mem: 249M Active, 681M Inact, 50M Laundry, 1212M Wired, 1728M Free ARC: 674M Total, 127M MFU, 323M MRU, 643K Anon, 6209K Header, 210M Other 308M Compressed, 751M Uncompressed, 2.43:1 Ratio Swap: 4132M Total, 4132M Free PID USERNAME THR PRI NICE SIZE RES STATE C TIME WCPU COMMAND 3198 polyglot 11 101 0 4534M 219M CPU1 1 372:11 101.80% node 5396 000db95336 5 52 0 109M 68M usem 2 167:42 99.42% python3. 5356 0021b900f1 508 52 0 394M 251M usem 2 181:49 2.46% python3. CPU at 52% Yikes
  6. Bah and Ugh! Following migration to PG3x two daya ago, I get constant Node/App up down messages and PG3 starting messages. Background: Polisy Pro 5.7 via ethernet with PG2 and PG3 running for months with no Polyglot errors/messages. End of life - updated to PG3x two days ago After several reboots - PG3x 3.2.16 finally seemed up and running ALL - Old installed node servers were up and running. BUT Got 37 messages in UD mobile last night about all installed node servers starting and stopping. Also got several messages about PG3 starting. Tried soft reboot, Cold reboot and "update packages" - No Joy. Now when I try to logon to PG3x, get http error auth failure then try again immediately and do get to logon to PG3x but some node servers are disconnected. (see PG3x log snippet below) ALSO - from java IoX launcher - still get offered ability to logon to PG2 (yes PG2) - it does go nowhere but still it is offered. Bah Went from working PG2 and PG3 to buggy PG3x installation Suggestions? 11/12/2023, 24:00:45 [pg3] info: Received commands on topic udi/pg3/ns/status/00:0d:b9:53:36:9c_1: set 11/12/2023, 24:00:45 [pg3] info: Received commands on topic udi/pg3/ns/status/00:21:b9:00:f1:ee_1: set 11/12/2023, 24:00:47 [pg3] info: IoX Request: [Try: 1] [00:0d:b9:53:36:9c] :: - http://127.0.0.1:8080/rest/ns/1/nodes/n001_1212003/report/status/GV3/4/45 11/12/2023, 24:00:47 [pg3] info: IoX Response: [Try: 1] [00:0d:b9:53:36:9c] :: [200] :: 324.423465ms - http://127.0.0.1:8080/rest/ns/1/nodes/n001_1212003/report/status/GV3/4/45 11/12/2023, 24:00:47 [pg3] info: Received commands on topic udi/pg3/ns/status/00:0d:b9:53:36:9c_1: set 11/12/2023, 24:00:48 [pg3] info: Received commands on topic udi/pg3/ns/status/00:21:b9:00:f1:ee_1: set 11/12/2023, 24:00:49 [pg3] info: IoX Request: [Try: 1] [00:0d:b9:53:36:9c] :: - http://127.0.0.1:8080/rest/ns/1/nodes/n001_645646/report/status/GV3/4/45 11/12/2023, 24:00:49 [pg3] info: IoX Response: [Try: 1] [00:0d:b9:53:36:9c] :: [200] :: 289.859629ms - http://127.0.0.1:8080/rest/ns/1/nodes/n001_645646/report/status/GV3/4/45 11/12/2023, 24:00:50 [pg3] info: Received commands on topic udi/pg3/ns/status/00:0d:b9:53:36:9c_1: set 11/12/2023, 24:00:51 [pg3] info: Received commands on topic udi/pg3/ns/status/00:21:b9:00:f1:ee_1: set 11/12/2023, 24:00:52 [pg3] info: IoX Request: [Try: 1] [00:0d:b9:53:36:9c] :: - http://127.0.0.1:8080/rest/ns/1/nodes/n001_645954/report/status/GV3/4/45 11/12/2023, 24:00:52 [pg3] info: IoX Response: [Try: 1] [00:0d:b9:53:36:9c] :: [200] :: 187.748774ms - http://127.0.0.1:8080/rest/ns/1/nodes/n001_645954/report/status/GV3/4/45 11/12/2023, 24:00:53 [pg3] info: Received commands on topic udi/pg3/ns/status/00:0d:b9:53:36:9c_1: set 11/12/2023, 24:00:54 [pg3] info: Received commands on topic udi/pg3/ns/status/00:21:b9:00:f1:ee_1: set 11/12/2023, 24:00:54 [pg3] info: IoX Request: [Try: 1] [00:0d:b9:53:36:9c] :: - http://127.0.0.1:8080/rest/ns/1/nodes/n001_646253/report/status/GV3/4/45 11/12/2023, 24:00:55 [pg3] info: IoX Response: [Try: 1] [00:0d:b9:53:36:9c] :: [200] :: 208.306427ms - http://127.0.0.1:8080/rest/ns/1/nodes/n001_646253/report/status/GV3/4/45 11/12/2023, 24:00:56 [pg3] info: Received commands on topic udi/pg3/ns/status/00:0d:b9:53:36:9c_1: set 11/12/2023, 24:00:56 [pg3] info: Received commands on topic udi/pg3/ns/status/00:21:b9:00:f1:ee_1: set 11/12/2023, 24:00:58 [pg3] info: IoX Request: [Try: 1] [00:0d:b9:53:36:9c] :: - http://127.0.0.1:8080/rest/ns/1/nodes/n001_842242/report/status/GV3/4/45 11/12/2023, 24:00:58 [pg3] info: IoX Response: [Try: 1] [00:0d:b9:53:36:9c] :: [200] :: 186.951931ms - http://127.0.0.1:8080/rest/ns/1/nodes/n001_842242/report/status/GV3/4/45 11/12/2023, 24:00:59 [pg3] info: Received commands on topic udi/pg3/ns/status/00:0d:b9:53:36:9c_1: set 11/12/2023, 24:01:00 [pg3] info: Received commands on topic udi/pg3/ns/status/00:21:b9:00:f1:ee_1: set 11/12/2023, 24:01:00 [pg3] info: IoX Request: [Try: 1] [00:0d:b9:53:36:9c] :: - http://127.0.0.1:8080/rest/ns/1/nodes/n001_1207309/report/status/GV3/4/45 11/12/2023, 24:01:00 [pg3] info: IoX Response: [Try: 1] [00:0d:b9:53:36:9c] :: [200] :: 168.404506ms - http://127.0.0.1:8080/rest/ns/1/nodes/n001_1207309/report/status/GV3/4/45 11/12/2023, 24:01:02 [pg3] info: Received commands on topic udi/pg3/ns/status/00:0d:b9:53:36:9c_1: set 11/12/2023, 24:01:02 [pg3] info: Received commands on topic udi/pg3/ns/status/00:21:b9:00:f1:ee_1: set 11/12/2023, 24:01:02 [pg3] info: IoX Request: [Try: 1] [00:0d:b9:53:36:9c] :: - http://127.0.0.1:8080/rest/ns/1/nodes/n001_1448163/report/status/GV3/4/45 11/12/2023, 24:01:03 [pg3] info: IoX Response: [Try: 1] [00:0d:b9:53:36:9c] :: [200] :: 19.262084ms - http://127.0.0.1:8080/rest/ns/1/nodes/n001_1448163/report/status/GV3/4/45 11/12/2023, 24:01:16 [pg3] info: Received commands on topic udi/pg3/ns/status/00:21:b9:00:f1:ee_1: set 11/12/2023, 24:01:17 [pg3] info: Received commands on topic udi/pg3/ns/status/00:21:b9:00:f1:ee_1: set 11/12/2023, 24:01:18 [pg3] info: Received commands on topic udi/pg3/ns/status/00:0d:b9:53:36:9c_1: set 11/12/2023, 24:01:18 [pg3] info: Received commands on topic udi/pg3/ns/status/00:21:b9:00:f1:ee_1: set 11/12/2023, 24:01:19 [pg3] info: Received commands on topic udi/pg3/ns/status/00:0d:b9:53:36:9c_1: set 11/12/2023, 24:01:19 [pg3] info: Received commands on topic udi/pg3/ns/status/00:0d:b9:53:36:9c_1: set 11/12/2023, 24:01:19 [pg3] info: IoX Request: [Try: 1] [00:0d:b9:53:36:9c] :: - http://127.0.0.1:8080/rest/ns/1/nodes/n001_1212003/report/status/CLIHUM/77/22 11/12/2023, 24:01:20 [pg3] info: IoX Response: [Try: 1] [00:0d:b9:53:36:9c] :: [200] :: 358.756243ms - http://127.0.0.1:8080/rest/ns/1/nodes/n001_1212003/report/status/CLIHUM/77/22 11/12/2023, 24:01:20 [pg3] info: IoX Request: [Try: 1] [00:0d:b9:53:36:9c] :: - http://127.0.0.1:8080/rest/ns/1/nodes/n001_1212003/report/status/DEWPT/26/17 11/12/2023, 24:01:21 [pg3] info: IoX Request: [Try: 1] [00:0d:b9:53:36:9c] :: - http://127.0.0.1:8080/rest/ns/1/nodes/n001_1212003/report/status/GV3/0/45 11/12/2023, 24:01:21 [pg3] info: Received commands on topic udi/pg3/ns/status/00:21:b9:00:f1:ee_1: set 11/12/2023, 24:01:21 [pg3] info: IoX Response: [Try: 1] [00:0d:b9:53:36:9c] :: [200] :: 429.390843ms - http://127.0.0.1:8080/rest/ns/1/nodes/n001_1212003/report/status/DEWPT/26/17 11/12/2023, 24:01:21 [pg3] info: IoX Response: [Try: 1] [00:0d:b9:53:36:9c] :: [200] :: 204.519976ms - http://127.0.0.1:8080/rest/ns/1/nodes/n001_1212003/report/status/GV3/0/45 11/12/2023, 24:01:22 [pg3] info: Received commands on topic udi/pg3/ns/status/00:0d:b9:53:36:9c_1: set 11/12/2023, 24:01:23 [pg3] info: IoX Request: [Try: 1] [00:0d:b9:53:36:9c] :: - http://127.0.0.1:8080/rest/ns/1/nodes/n001_645646/report/status/GV3/0/45 11/12/2023, 24:01:23 [pg3] info: IoX Response: [Try: 1]
  7. Found the place in UD mobile that seems about setting up Eisy Wifi credentials. 1) no mention of Polisy 2) does mention barcode on Eisy, my PolisyPro has no barcode Ticket opened.
  8. Hi, Thanks for the reply. It seems I was not clear about what I meant by configuring wifi. (not just DHCP) To get Polisy to connect to my wifi somewhere the SSID and password need to be entered/configured. The only place to enter SSID and password on my Polisy Pro is under PG2/System/Configure Polisy then things like timezone, Ethernet and Wifi settings are exposed. The java Admin console offers nothing about wifi. PG3 has no "settings" for Polisy and thus no ethernet nor wifi settings available. So - If I migrate to PG3x (killing PG2 and PG3) and need to change my PolisyPro wifi settings (SSID) does PG3x expose wifi settings? Where?
  9. Can Polisy Wifi be configured in PG3x? Seems like PG2 and PG3 are end-of-life. I have a PolisyPro (with wifi) running PG2 and PG3; and am thinking of migrating to PG3x. To configure Polisy wifi, I need to use PG2, there is no setting in PG3 (nor the admin console) to configure wifi settings. I looked at the wiki (could not find info) but, if I migrate to PG3x (killing both PG2 and PG3): Where and how do/can I use to PGx3 to configure Wifi on PolisyPro? Thanks
  10. I use and enjoy my Universal Devices ISY/Polisy every day (37 devices, 48 programs, 7 node servers). My setup works so well, I sometimes forget how to logon, because i don't often need to change or check anything. "It just works." Had a problem with recent upgrade on my Polisy Pro going awry - device unreachable. Opened a trouble ticket. Within 24 hrs of receipt of Polisy data, Michel had resolved the issue. I am now up and running again, as though nothing had happened. Excellent support. Thank you
  11. I use and enjoy my ISY 994 and Polisy every day. Can't offer any insight about freeing up ports 80 & 443 for IoX. One potential caveat: Wifi configuration I believe that removing PG2 may be problematic for managing settings for Polisy Wifi - I have not found any way to configure Polisy Wifi settings in PG3 to date, nor the the Admin Console; only available in PG2. SSH/command line editing is not encouraged by mangement. Your mileage may vary.
  12. Thank you both for feedback/insights. Consummated purchase of Yolink nodeserver on PG3. Shows date and time of purchase and the expected no-expiry date. Seems to be working on my ISY. Thanks,
  13. Yolink Speaker Hub downside it that it requires connection to the "cloud" to work. Yolink has "announced" that a new hub is under development with local API, no cloud required. I hope it will also be able to do text-to-speech (might be a lot of computing unless pre-loaded soundfiles were created and stored locally, from text into speech). We will see.
  14. Hi, Thanks to both of you for your quick and helpful replies. To avoid potential troubles/conflicts, I deleted the Yolink nodeserver from my Polisy and left only the Yolink nodeserver connected to my ISY. Onward - The Good: I went to PG3 Custom Configuration Parameters and saw TTSn and NBR_TTS. Incremented NBR_TTS from 1 to 2. Restarted Yolink Nodeserver and was presented with a new blank TTS field (labeled TTS1 because the first one is TTS0) Added new text and saved. Restarted Yolink Nodeserver and rebooted ISY. The Admin Console Device page now shows Select Message dropdown with the actual new words I typed as each of the two message text(s). Choosing a particular message and hitting the play button; Sound Hub speaks the message! Yay. The learning: I have a program that emails me and rings X10 power horn if the garage door closes. Added then statement Set 'Speaker Hub 1' Play Message. Tried it and got nothing. Had to add Set 'Speaker Hub 1' Select Message Test 2 - See below Girl Garage Email Closed - [ID 004C][Parent 0001] If 'Girl Garage Door-Sensor' Status is On Then Send Notification to 'Default' Run Program 'PowerHornDongDongA5' (Then Path) Set 'Speaker Hub 1' Select Message Test 2 Set 'Speaker Hub 1' Play Message Else - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action') It Works! Now all I have to do is put in more appropriate text (not Test 2) in the custom TTS fields. Yolink Speaker Hub is a wifi $25 configurable dinger/alarm/MP3/text-to-speech device that works with PG3 Yolink nodeserver and ISY/Polisy programs. Thanks again for the Yolink nodeserver. I look forward to actually paying for the license (see my question in the PG3 Polyglot forum about UUIDs)
  15. Hi, I use and enjoy my ISY and Polisy every day. Wanted to purchase Yolink nodeserver but was confused about where/to which device, a license would be bound. See below. I have an ISY 994 in production and Polisy as test mule on the same network. PG3 running on Polisy. - Under PG3 Version 3.1.2, ISY tab, see both devices with their respective UUIDs. Installed trial Yolink nodeserver on both ISY and Polisy. Works on both. Chose ISY in PG3, went to nodeserver store to purchase Yolink license, was presented with a pop up with (correct) ISY UUID and description of Yolink version to be purchased. Clicked through to logon to ISY Portal and was then presented with popup Paypal for UUID of POLISY -NOT- the UUID of ISY (can see both ISY an Polisy in portal below/under popup window) I cannot edit this popup window to change UUID or select different device. Confused. Started fresh to make sure I was choosing ISY, not Polisy before starting, same result. Is a nodeserver license tied to the UUID of the device where it is being used (ISY for me) or is it OK to be tied to the UUID of the server machine (Polisy in my case)? What am I doing wrong? Your help and education will be appreciated.
  16. Hi, Nice job with the Yolink (YL) node server (installed trial v0.8.89) I am primarily interested in using speaker hub for alerts/custom messages; not happy with Alexa/Google spoken alerts as they seemed to break often and require lots of fiddling to get working again. Install of YL node server went well. Of note: I have ISY 944 in production and Polisy as a test mule on my same local network and used the same UAID and Secret Key on both. Had to reboot everything to get all/both connected to Speaker Hub and working. Testing messages - if both ISY and Polisy try to send message at the same time, one message gets backed up and comes in a few minutes (yes minutes) later. Now to the tricky stuff (at least for me) - How to actually have Speaker Hub text to speech something other than the exact words "Message 0"? I see in your post https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/37458-announcements-with-yolink-and-speaker/ you say "The latest YoLink node server does support the speaker - not as elegant as I would like, but there are some limitations with regarding to text in the AC (you basically need to predefine you text (announcements) and then you can pick them in the AC) - " I'm confused, where exactly would I predefine a message? In my Administrative Console Device Speaker Hub there is a dropdown menu for Select Message, but only Message 0 appears. Is this something that needs to be predefined via the Yolink App? Or where on the ISY? Thanks PS Not sure if that matters, nor is it your problem. Tried to pay for license but ISY portal kept trying to use UUID of my Polisy not ISY994 and would not let me change it.
  17. Thanks for the clarification. No worries
  18. I use and enjoy my ISY and Polisy every day. Polisy Pro - Stuck on PG3 3.1.17_1 Name : pg3 Version : 3.1.17_1 Installed on : Thu Feb 9 17:02:58 2023 EST Tried sudo /usr/local/etc/udx.d/static/udxops.sh upgrade.polisy updates isy to 5.57 and udx to 3.3.6_5 BUT get these two error messages Thu Feb 23 13:11:24 EST 2023|/usr/local/etc/udx.d/static/udxops.sh: upgrading polisy complete ... UDX_UPGRADE_STATUS: active -> inactive sysrc: unknown variable 'pg3x_on_polisy' Thu Feb 23 13:11:27 EST 2023|/usr/local/etc/udx.d/static/udxops.sh: need pg3x capabilities to publish mqtt messages ... Tried Admin console package update, restart pg3, cold boot, java cache clear. and command line sudo /usr/local/etc/udx.d/static/udxops.sh upgrade.polisy again. Stuck at 3.1.17_1 sudo pkg info pg3 pg3-3.1.17_1 Name : pg3 Version : 3.1.17_1 PG3 web page says 3.1.18 available, but I can't seem to move past 3.1.17_1 Suggestions? Hah! User ERROR I see that Polisy users are still on 3.1.17 and EISY are on 3.2x. I was confused by PG3 web page telling me about 3.18
  19. I use and enjoy my ISY 994 and Polisy every day. Upgrade 5.5.4 to 5.5.5 problems for me Working well until now - Polisy Pro Zmatter, multi-homed (both ethernet and wifi active) after upgrade to 5.5.5 Sat Feb 4 06:05:46 EST 2023|/usr/local/etc/udx.d/static/udxops.sh: starting upg rading polisy ... UDX_UPGRADE_STATUS: available -> active sysrc: unknown variable 'pg3x_on_polisy' Sat Feb 4 06:06:32 EST 2023|/usr/local/etc/udx.d/static/udxops.sh: upgrading polisy complete ... UDX_UPGRADE_STATUS: active -> inactive sysrc: unknown variable 'pg3x_on_polisy' Sat Feb 4 06:06:35 EST 2023|/usr/local/etc/udx.d/static/udxops.sh: need pg3x capabilities to publish mqtt messages ... Now SSH works fine and can log onto Polisy IoX finder sees Polisy on Ethernet but not Wifi (can add manually) Admin console shows 5.5.5 PG3 web page is available/running but reports version is still 5.5.4 sudo service pg3 restart Cold boot: no joy Suggestions?
  20. While I'm at it. I LOVE the UD Mobile app. Works and is getting better every day. Maybe UD Mobile could: Allow user to check status of Polisy for updates/upgrade. Allow user to intiate Polisy upgrade. Allow user to configure Polisy timezone, network, wifi
  21. Seems like PG2 "Polisy Settings" just points to https://192.168.1.194/polisyconf Perhaps PG3 could point there, too?
  22. Hi, Recently reset my Polisy wifi and had to rejoin my wifi SSID. PG2 offers "Polisy Settings" where I can enable wifi and scan/connect. (Also allows me to set PG2 timezone) I could find NO options in PG3 to manage wifi (nor timezone) Confused, (if PG2 is to be deprecated).
  23. My Polisy is back up and running. Thanks to UDI support. Instructions to, "Please click on the button on the front only once and wait for 4 + 1 beeps, then reboot." Worked. Back up and running. Thank you for your efforts
  24. Hi, Sorry for delay. Traveling. Have responded to ticket.
  25. Ticket submitted. https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets/?wpsc-section=ticket-list works Thanks

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.