Release 4.0.1 Beta Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

I have installed 4.0.1 and I notice the UI is still at 3.3.10.

I have cleared the Java cache and reinstalled 4.0.1 several times, yet still no change in the UI.

It has to be something I am doing wrong. Anyone have anything for me to try?

Check the URL being used to invoke the Admin Console. To get a down-level Admin Console (UI) either the Java cache is not actually clearing (perhaps not all browsers are closed, applications using Java have not been shut down) or the URL invoking the Admin Console is not pointing to 4.0.1.

Check the URL being used to invoke the Admin Console. To get a down-level Admin Console (UI) either the Java cache is not actually clearing (perhaps not all browsers are closed, applications using Java have not been shut down) or the URL invoking the Admin Console is not pointing to 4.0.1.

I have caching turned off and I checked to see that no files are stored. What URL should I be using to invoke the proper Admin Console?

Go to page 1 of this topic, the first post has the list of URLs for 4.0.1

I was doing 6b. It was very unclear that I also had to use 6c. Very Unclear.

Thanks for the help. I'm updated and have made a note to do this on all upgrades in the future.

I loaded 4.01 and it works without issues so far. A couple of notes, I had to power down the isy after the upgrade to get it recognized.

After reading about the new color UI, I decided to clear Java cache, and disable Java on web browser. However, when I select the new Admin Console icon on my desktop, the ISY Finder will load and finds the ISY but the Password query box doesn't popup so I'm not able to load the full admin panel. When I try to load the last previously stored backup, nothing happens.

Ideas?

FYI, I found the instructions on the 4.01 beta announcement page (first page of this thread) to be confusing so it's highly likely I did something incorrectly!

thanks, John.

yes, it does find the correct ip address because when i enter that ip address followed by: /WEB/INDEX.HTM it loads my lighting page and its fully functional. is it possible 4.01 didn't load fully and needs to be reinstalled?

I also tried installing the admin panel from the settings page on my lighting but has the same non working result.

I installed firmware for the ISY 994i Series as i have a 994 ir pro...i assume the ISY 994i Z & ZS Series firmware is for the zigbee 994 version and not a zwave version.

Hi John,

Does ISY finder actually find ISY? Do you know what your ISY's IP address is?

With kind regards,

Michel

I cleared the Java cache again, the applet downloaded again, but I'm only getting the isy finder. If I re-enable Java in my Firefox browser, I can launch the admin panel successfully from the web page.

I've also removed all Java versions and reinstalled Java V7-15 on two computers with the same result. I also did a factory reset on the isy with no success or change.

I went back to v3.3.10 firmware with no change, only the isy finder box appears no matter what I try.

John

Hello scubaguyjohn,

I suspect we have a case of Java cache issue. Can you please try the following:

1. Clear your Java cache

2. Go to http://isy.universal-devices.com/99i/4.0.1/admin.jnlp

Do you have the same problem?

With kind regards,

Michel

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello scubaguyjohn,

Is there NOTHING in ISY Finder? Would you please send a screenshot to support@universal-devices.com? I do not think we are talking about the same thing.

Also, what happens if you click on the Add button on ISY Finder and then enter http://whatever-your-isy-ip-address-is ?

With kind regards,

Michel

the correct isp address and uuid are in finder...when i add them by selecting the Add button, the same ip address and uuid remain in the finder. I emailed a screen shot.

Hello scubaguyjohn,

Is there NOTHING in ISY Finder? Would you please send a screenshot to support@universal-devices.com? I do not think we are talking about the same thing.

Also, what happens if you click on the Add button on ISY Finder and then enter http://whatever-your-isy-ip-address-is ?

With kind regards,

Michel

bingo, clicking on the line in the finder brings up the admin panel!

What's strange is that despite 2 factory isy resets and about 100 java cache empties and java reinstalls, the about panel shows 4.0.1 UI and 3.3.10 firmware - weird.

the correct isp address and uuid are in finder...when i add them by selecting the Add button, the same ip address and uuid remain in the finder. I emailed a screen shot.

Hello scubaguyjohn,

With kind regards,

Michel

I cleared the Java cache again, the applet downloaded again, but I'm only getting the isy finder. If I re-enable Java in my Firefox browser, I can launch the admin panel successfully from the web page.

I've also removed all Java versions and reinstalled Java V7-15 on two computers with the same result. I also did a factory reset on the isy with no success or change.

I went back to v3.3.10 firmware with no change, only the isy finder box appears no matter what I try.

John

Hello scubaguyjohn,

I suspect we have a case of Java cache issue. Can you please try the following:

1. Clear your Java cache

2. Go to http://isy.universal-devices.com/99i/4.0.1/admin.jnlp

With kind regards,

Michel

With kind regards,

Michel

Remember there's a bug in the Finder in 4.0.1 where the ISY is shown in the Finder but doesn't launch. Just double click on the ISY in the Finder and it will launch. Bug ID#38.

thanks Andy... In actuality, I'm not using Firefox ( i don't think), I'm clicking on a desktop icon to access the admin panel. when i use a firefox page, it works fine.

When you click on the desktop icon it runs the ISY Finder (not Firefox). Prior to 4.0.1 the Finder would look for your ISY and when found launch the Admin Console which covers the window of the ISY Finder. With 4.0.1 the ISY Finder doesn't launch the Admin Console. You should see the ISY Finder window with the address of the ISY in the Window. Double click on that will launch the Admin Console.

thanks Andy... In actuality, I'm not using Firefox ( i don't think), I'm clicking on a desktop icon to access the admin panel. when i use a firefox page, it works fine.

When you click on the desktop icon it runs the ISY Finder (not Firefox). Prior to 4.0.1 the Finder would look for your ISY and when found launch the Admin Console which covers the window of the ISY Finder. With 4.0.1 the ISY Finder doesn't launch the Admin Console. You should see the ISY Finder window with the address of the ISY in the Window. Double click on that will launch the Admin Console.

thanks a lot Andy...where were you prior to my spending 2 hours running through all sorts of uninstall/clear/reload gyrations? :D