Upgrading

jkraus

I have an ISY 99 Pro and I want to upgrade to 994 pro. How do I do this, and what process do I go through once I get the new unit meaning do i have to do anything with the PLM or the programming. What are the exact steps to get up and running with the new device. Also, do I have to return the old device

See this post for an upgrade option. I think you keep the 99i, it cannot be sold with this upgrade. Ask this question when communicating per the following post instructions.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=10771

There is a recent topic that covers moving to a new ISY. It is pretty simple. Get your current 99i to the latest 3.3.10 Official release. Take an ISY backup. Turn Off the 99i and 994i and PLM. Switch the PLM to the new ISY and restore power to 994i and PLM. Restore the backup from the 99i onto the 994i. There is some configuration stuff that may not be carried forward but all the Programs, Scenes, Devices, etc are restored from the backup of the 99i. I'll see if I can find that topic and post a link to it.

This link has more steps than you need. See post from Michel. There may be another topic as well. I'll add that if I find it.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10235&hilit=upgrade+994i

Archived