New to programming quick questoin

kevman

Hi All,

Just got my ISY controller yesterday and installed a single Insteon switch for controlling my backyard floodlights. I setup a basic program below:

If

From 11:45:00PM

To Sunrise (next day)

And Status 'Backyard' is Off

Then

Set 'Backyard' On

Else

Set 'Backyard' Off

My question is , is there a way to override this program if I were to manually turn on the light or via my mobilinc app. It seems that the light is solely controlled by the program and any manual action are simply reversed if it proves the program false. I would like to be able to control the lights manually if needed, for instance if I want to turn it on prior to 11:45pm to check something in the backyard. Thanks

kevman-

Just remove the "And status is Off" line.

This way, the light will turn on at 11:45 and off at Sunrise the next day. Any changes made via Mobilinc or manual operation in between will remain in effect until the next time trigger (11:45pm or Sunrise)

I think that is what you want.

Currently the program is triggered and the If Evaluated at 11:45pm, Sunrise and anytime the Status of the switch changes.

-Xathros

kevman-

Just remove the "And status is Off" line.

This way, the light will turn on at 11:45 and off at Sunrise the next day. Any changes made via Mobilinc or manual operation in between will remain in effect until the next time trigger (11:45pm or Sunrise)

I think that is what you want.

Currently the program is triggered and the If Evaluated at 11:45pm, Sunrise and anytime the Status of the switch changes.

-Xathros

Xathros,

Thank you , that was it! I hope to get the hang of this stuff soon.

Kevman

EDIT: While I am here, I thought I would post a basic notification program that doesn't seem to work, I just want to know when the backyard lights are turned on via email

If

Control 'Backyard' is switched On

Then

Send Notification to 'GMAIL'

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

kevman-

That notification should send anytime the backyard light switch is turned on manually - "Control Backyard Lights is switched On". If you want to be notified when the lights are turned on by your program or by a linked switch (not the backyard load control switch), then use "Status Backyard Lights is On" instead.

If you are not receiving the notification when you manually operate the Light switch, it's possible you have config problems with the email notifications. Have you successfully tested the notification? Please note that custom notifications WILL NOT work if either the Subject or Body fields are left blank.

-Xathros

kevman-

That notification should send anytime the backyard light switch is turned on manually - "Control Backyard Lights is switched On". If you want to be notified when the lights are turned on by your program or by a linked switch (not the backyard load control switch), then use "Status Backyard Lights is On" instead.

If you are not receiving the notification when you manually operate the Light switch, it's possible you have config problems with the email notifications. Have you successfully tested the notification? Please note that custom notifications WILL NOT work if either the Subject or Body fields are left blank.

-Xathros

Yes,

I did get notificatoins sucessfully so the mail portion is configured correctly. Would it notifiy if I used the on buttong on my mobilinc app on my phone or only a manual push of the physical switch? Maybe It doesn't work by turning it on from the app ?

kevman-

For "Control is Switched On" to be triggered, the switch itself needs to be operated. Program, mobilinc, linked switch etc all will not trigger that event. If you want to be notified regardless of how the light was turned on then use "Stats Backyard light is On" instead. That will trigger anytime the status of the Backyard Light switch changes. It will evaluate "True"" and run the "Then" when the status changes to On and evaluate "False" and run the "Else" when the status changes to Off.

-Xathros

kevman-

For "Control is Switched On" to be triggered, the switch itself needs to be operated. Program, mobilinc, linked switch etc all will not trigger that event. If you want to be notified regardless of how the light was turned on then use "Stats Backyard light is On" instead. That will trigger anytime the status of the Backyard Light switch changes. It will evaluate "True"" and run the "Then" when the status changes to On and evaluate "False" and run the "Else" when the status changes to Off.

-Xathros

Xathros, many thanks! its working as I wanted it too now.

Archived