How to disable KeypadLinc LEDs from ISY?

madmartian

I did a quick test of those combinations and confirmed your observations. Note that the only change in 4.1.2 is to use 0/0 as a total Off for all button LEDs, whether the button is logically On or Off. That was the object of this topic, to be able to turn all buttons physically Off at night without having to turn each button logically Off. There is a unique command executed to make 0/0 have all button LEDs Off. Other than that no changes were made in how the KeypadLinc reacts to the other combinations. I suspect that the LEDs in the KeypadLinc have the same limitations larger LED bulbs have in not being able to dim them below a certain level. Makes it impossible to have a button that is Off at the very dim level you are looking for.

I have followed this thread with great interest. I have confirmed the 0/0 selection does in fact turn off the KPL.

How does one make the KPL be off from 9:30 PM to 5:00 AM?

I have tested with variation where the KPL is off, but allows the buttons to be lit when activated.

Creating a program to mimic what I did with the LED settings does not seem to work in a program.

Any help and insight in crafting said program would be greatly appreciated!

Much thanks to LeeG in providing the Insteon code to UDI to deploy this feature.

Teken . . .

Encrypted By: Phoenix Security Solutions

Teken,

Here's what I have currently. I am by no means an expert, but so far this seems to do what I want. I have two corresponding programs, one that runs at sunrise to set the LED level to off when the linked scene is off, and to a "medium" brightness when the linked scene is on:

The companion program runs an hour before sunset to turn the off level of the LEDs to the minimum brightness when the linked scenes are off and their maximum brightness when the scene is on (on brightness is relative to off brightness as Lee noted):

Given that's I'm running 4.0.5 I can not ever turn the LEDs completely off when the corresponding scene is on, which is fine for my purpose, but with 4.1.2 if that's what you want to do, set the brightness to 0/0. Note that I'm setting these brightness settings on the KPL6's large buttons (which are in non-toggle on mode, so that when the linked scene is off, the "All off" bottom button does not light). This seems to affect all the sub buttons globally, which is what I wanted.

post-5333-140474162363_thumb.png

post-5333-140474162365_thumb.png

I have followed this thread with great interest. I have confirmed the 0/0 selection does in fact turn off the KPL.

How does one make the KPL be off from 9:30 PM to 5:00 AM?

I run a program that simply sets the KPL LEDs Backlight Level to 0/0. All lights including the OFF button are not lit even though the scenes are active and still usable.

Could I ask you both to use a time instead of sunset etc. Because this doesn't seem to work for me.

Teken . . .

BTW. Your post wasn't encrypted. ;)

Mine is turned off by a program only using a RemoteLinc2 as the trigger. However, it's turned back on in the morning using sunrise.

I'll test with a time trigger now.

This Program just ran successfully, turning all LEDs Off. When turned back to the desired backlight level the buttons that were On will still be On.

If

Time is 1:55:00PM

Then

Set 'KeypadLinc v.41' On 0 / Off 0 (Backlight Level)

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

OK now try to do the same thing where the entire KPL is off / unlit. But program the KPL to light up the LEDS when any of the keys are activated.

Does it work in this fashion?

Teken . . .

OK now try to do the same thing where the entire KPL is off / unlit. But program the KPL to light up the LEDS when any of the keys are activated.

Does it work in this fashion?

Teken . . .

So you want the press of a button to turn the backlights back on?

All lights were Off. 0/0

I pressed "Fan Med" (button B) and the LEDs turned back on.

If you added a wait you could turn them back off again.

If

Control '1st Floor / Utility / Devices / Utility-EC-KPL-ExtLights.A' is switched On

Or Control '2nd Floor / Bedroom3 / Devices / Bed3-E-KPL.B' is switched On

Or Control '2nd Floor / Bedroom3 / Devices / Bed3-E-KPL.C' is switched On

Or Control '2nd Floor / Bedroom3 / Devices / Bed3-E-KPL.D' is switched On

Then

Set '2nd Floor / Bedroom3 / Devices / Bed3-E-KPL.1' On 1 / Off 0 (Backlight Level)

Else

But does your program allow the KPL to be lit when pressed or activated by another linked Insteon device? All the while the other LEDS in the KPL remain unlit?

This doesn't appear to work at all.

Teken . . .

Success.

If

Control '1st Floor / Utility / Devices / Utility-EC-KPL-ExtLights.A' is switched On

Or Control '2nd Floor / Bedroom3 / Devices / Bed3-E-KPL.B' is switched On

Or Control '2nd Floor / Bedroom3 / Devices / Bed3-E-KPL.C' is switched On

Or Control '2nd Floor / Bedroom3 / Devices / Bed3-E-KPL.D' is switched On

And (

On Sat

From 1:20:00PM

To 1:30:00PM (same day)

)

Then

Set '2nd Floor / Bedroom3 / Devices / Bed3-E-KPL.1' On 1 / Off 0 (Backlight Level)

Wait 5 seconds

Set '2nd Floor / Bedroom3 / Devices / Bed3-E-KPL.1' On 0 / Off 0 (Backlight Level)

Else

But does your program allow the KPL to be lit when pressed or activated by another linked Insteon device? All the while the other LEDS in the KPL remain unlit?

Teken . . .

Dude, it would be helpful if you'd be more specific in a single, inclusive request.

Teken . . .

The pressed button turns on. Of course the OFF button also lights up since the backlights are turned back on. You cannot control the lighting of buttons on the KPL individually. They all must have the same brightness level.

Teken

No as far as turning On any button LED while the LEDs have been physically turned Off. The point of the change was to darken the KPL at night. Allowing a button LED to turn On when pressed defeats the function. The button is functional in that it sends an On or Off command when pressed. However the button LED does not respond until the backlight level is moved from the Off (0/0) level.

Your missing what I am saying completely. If I use 0/0 the entire KPL is unlit. Pressing the buttons with a value of 0/0 does not light up any button.

The only method I have found is to use a value of 1. But when you select this option from the drop list WITH a time.

It does not work at all.

Teken . . .

Archived