ISY not seing an RF device motion insteon motion sensor or

danncas

For what ever reason the ISy994i does not see my Insteon motion sensor or my remotelink 2440. It will see it in linking mode and everything is there. But after I make some kind of change to anything and the ISy starts writing to the RF device then it shows and !!! Then it shows that it can’t communicate with any of the RF devices. However the RF devices will work with Insteon device that it is linked to in a scene. So as it is I can’t write the motion device or the remote in a program.

I trying reboot and it shows all is ok until I make some kind of change that I need to hit the save button.

I even disabled my firewall.

:cry:

Message body:

Enter your message here, it may contain no more than 60000 characters.

post-4916-140474158324_thumb.jpg

Put one of the RF devices into linking mode. Right click the Primary node and select Write to Device. When one device is complete and it is no longer in linking mode, put the other device into linking mode. Right click Primary node and Write Updates to Device.

This ISY has something it wants to write to each RF device. Any time updates are made in general the ISY tries to write pending updates. Once the updates have been written the ISY will no longer attempt to write to these devices until some change is made that involves these devices.

Jumper 5 allows the ISY to configure the Motion Sensor options. I recommend having Jumper 5 in place.

The use of Jumper 5 has no affect on the decision to link the Motion Sensor as a Controller of a Scene or have the Motion Sensor trigger a Program to perform the activity. That choice is dictated by how much control you want/need over what the Motion Sensor does. Having the Motion Sensor directly turn On a Scene has the best Responder response time. Some users want to prevent the Motion Sensor from activating Responders for some period of time during a given day. Others want the Motion Sensor to turn On a Responder at some lower On Level and then be able to override that level by manually turning the Responder 100% On. I do that in the Master Bathroom. Neither can be done when the Motion Sensor as a Controller of the Scene.

Some users have the Motion Sensor turn the Responder(s) On and trigger an ISY Program to control when the Responders turn Off. Provides the flexibility of turning the Responder(s) On as quickly as possible with the power of an ISY Program controlling when the Responder(s) turn Off.

Archived