I/O Error: Proxy Device

jpoje

Anyone know why this error occurs while logged into Admin Console? I/O Error: Proxy Device

Admin console usually has to be forced closed after this error or it will go to login. Also sometimes when I start Admin console, I get "Not Found" when the Isy finder box comes up. Then I have to restart computer to get Admin console to start. This error only occurs when I am using laptop, it does not happen when using desktop computer. Firmware and UI - Version 3.3.1.0 on both computers.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Okay, that would make sense, although, my Blue Iris software for my IP cameras and several other programs run on that laptop 24/7 without any network connectivity issues? When the Admin Console goes down, then all programs have to be interrupted when I have to restart computer.

I thought maybe there is a setting somewhere on laptop or Admin Console to give it priority over the other programs running, so it doesn't lose it's connection?

When the Admin Console goes down, then all programs have to be interrupted when I have to restart computer.

What does this mean? Admin Console does NOT have to be running for your programs to run. ISY programs run independent of Admin Console or your computer and there should be zero impact to ISY if you reboot your computer.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi jpjoe,

I am not sure why Admin Console would impact everything else and why you would have to reboot your computer. What happens when you close the Admin Console? What firewall software do you have on your computer?

I am sorry, but it just does not make sense that you would have to reboot your computer ...

With kind regards,

Michel

Once I receive the I/O proxy error in Admin Console, which happens at least once a day, one of two things occur:

1. Admin Console icons are "blacked" out, I no longer have the green "ready" flag at the bottom of the screen and nothing will work, so I have to force Admin Console down via windows task manager. When I log back on to Admin Console, I receive "not found" when the Isy Finder box opens.

OR

2. Admin Console login prompt comes up and when I log back in, I receive the "not found" when the ISY finder box come up.

In either case, I must shut down or restart the computer before Admin Console allows me a successfull login to access my Isy.

Received I/O proxy error, logged out, logged back in Windows. Restarted Admin Console with no issues, but this is what I noticed and I will try to explain this the best I can:

If I start the laptop's Intel WIDI application to wirelessly connect to "Netgear's Push to TV adapter" FIRST and then start Admin Console, I receive the "not found" error and Admin Console won't start at all.

If I start Admin Console FIRST, then the WIDI application, Admin Console is good until I receive the I/O proxy error (which could occur several hours later).

I'm not sure what "direct link" means, but, If you mean accessing admin console from the browser, then, once I receive the "I/O Error:Proxy Device" error, the login prompt comes up and I can log back into admin console (through the browser), but not through icon on desktop (I still receive "not found" error when I try to access admin console through desktop).

Hi jpjoe,

I think the problem is very much related to something on your computer. The codebase for browser (applet) and the icon (application) are identical. The only difference is that the browser one knows ISY's IP address and is going there directly whereas the application one needs to find ISY. So, I suspect at a lower networking layer, UDP packets are being blocked.

Can you use the icon, go to ISY Finder, click on the Add button, and then enter the URL for ISY? i.e. http://192.168.1.26 ... when you get the proxy error, then double click on this record and let me know if Admin Console launches.

With kind regards,

Michel

Yes, I do suspect it has something to do with the Intel WiDi application (Push to TV), causing the proxy error.

and

YES, it will let me access Admin Console the way you instructed! (I had tried that previously, but didn't "double click", so it didn't work.) :oops:

This does solve my main objective of not having to interrupt other software programs running on computer in order to "log off windows" or "restart" computer to get back on ISY.

Thank you for your assistance! :D

Archived