isy 994 Pro/ir - stopped recognizing most Insteon devices

Envirogreen

NEVER Delete Modem (PLM). That removes the references to the PLM in the ISY configuration and device link databases. Effectively prevents the ISY from doing what it needs to do. Go back to an ISY Backup taken before the Delete Modem (PLM) was issued. Then Restore Modem (PLM).

Lee

Was just doing what Michael k suggested (or at least my understanding of his comments)

Anyway, restored a backup and restored devices

Several devices got communication errors, so I'm back to the starting point

We know the ups isn't an issue, we know moving to another outlet doesn't help...but no other progress

Next steps?

"File | Delete Modem removes ALL the links to devices from the PLM and vice versa. The only way to get them back would be File | Restore ISY (to restore a backup with the links) and then File | Restore Devices."

Michel was describing what happens, not that Delete Modem should be issued. Delete Modem is for contractors who used an ISY to establish Insteon and then the ISY and PLM are being physically removed. A normal user NEVER issues a Delete Modem (PLM).

I did not review all the posts this morning but if memory is correct the other electronics were not unplugged when the UPS was unplugged.

Archived