Turning on or off or Toggling the A button

Elburn

My goal is that when the A button on the 6 button key link is pressed to run this program which it does. What I can not get it to do is un toggle the A button so show that it is done. The 10 sec will be changed to 10 min or whatever to allow someone leaving to hit his button to turn the foyer lights on and driveway lights on for 10min then turn them off. I have tried setting off and currently calling a program to turn it off but the LED on the button is still on. Any help is appreciated. The scene only has the A button in it and nothing else.

If

Status 'Foyer Switch - A' is On

And Program 'MH Driveway Timer' is False

Then

Set 'Foyer Switch' On

Set 'Foyer Switch - A' On

Set 'Foyer Relay' On

Set 'Driveway-Relay' On

Wait 15 seconds

Set 'Foyer Relay' Off

Set 'Driveway-Relay' Off

Set 'Foyer Switch' Off

Run Program 'New Program' (Then Path)

In Scene 'Foyer' Set 'Foyer Switch - A' 0% (On Level)

Else

Set 'Foyer Switch - A' Fast Off

NEW PROGRAM

If

- No Conditions - (To add one, press 'Schedule' or 'Condition')

Then

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Try a couple of changes

If

Control 'Foyer Switch - A' is On. <<<

And Program 'MH Driveway Timer' is False

Then

Set 'Foyer Switch' On

Set 'Foyer Switch - A' On. <<<

Set 'Foyer Relay' On

Set 'Driveway-Relay' On

Wait 15 seconds

Set 'Foyer Relay' Off

Set 'Driveway-Relay' Off

Set scene 'Foyer' off. <<

Else. <<<

The biggest change is probably the last statement in you THEN path. The statement you had simply changed the pre-set ON levels (the level to which the device goes when an ON command is recieved). Instead, find the other statement which actuall turns off the scene.

I have way to know what devices are assigned to Scene Foyer. Whatever purpose was envisioned for Scene Foyer it is not being used to manage Secondary button A

Set 'Foyer Switch - A' On

Else

Then

It seems unlikely the OP understands the need to control Secondary buttons with Scenes if Foyer was defined for that purpose and not used along with using several Direct commands targeted at button A

LeeG, Elburn

I understood the scene 'foyer' to be the scene created to control button A. Is this correct?

Yes also being a newbe I do not total understand the relation between scenes and programs. When you would use a scene and not a program. But I understand currently is that scenes are mostly used to adj levels of lighting but most of this is still a mystery to me. But yes was that is why I thought to create the scene.

This is not a question of using a Scene versus using a Program. The Program is used. Rather than issuing Direct commands to turn button A On/Off, Set Scene xxxx On/Off is used in the Program to turn button A On/Off

I have way to know what devices are assigned to Scene Foyer

True, except that I thought this was what he told us in the original post. In fact, I thought scene FOYER WAS to mange button a. If so, I was concerned that your initial response may have been confusing. If I misunderstood, then mine would be the confusing post.

If the only device in Foyer is button A then use

Set Scene Foyer On to turn button A On

Set Scene Foyer Off to turn button A Off

The Adjust Scene statement affects the Responder On Level. It should not set the Responder On Level to 0% as that prevents the KeypadLinc button from being turned On if a

Set Scene Foyer On is coded

It is Insteon that requires a Scene be used to turn a Secondary button On/Off. This has nothing to do with the ISY beyond needing to code a Scene rather than a Direct command

oberkc

You are absolutely right. I missed that last point. Thanks.

I have way to know what devices are assigned to Scene Foyer

True, except that I thought this was what he told us in the original post. In fact, I thought scene FOYER WAS to mange button a. If so, I was concerned that your initial response may have been confusing. If I misunderstood, then mine would be the confusing post.

It was my attempt to control button A since this is the only device in the scene. Would this be correct thinking?

It was my attempt to control button A since this is the only device in the scene. Would this be correct thinking

Yes. Correct.

Like LeeG said, secondary keypad buttons do not respond to ISY direct commands, unlike most other devices. Putting each into a scene is a winning strategy!

Archived