Please explain Button Grouping and button toggle

barrygordon

"Buttons Grouping" button along bottom of Admin Console should not be used. If clicked there is a warning displayed that the function should not be used. Scenes are now used to accomplish what Buttons Grouping did in the past.

"Buttons Toggle Mode" button supports setting the toggle/non-toggle mode of individual KeypadLinc buttons.

The default mode of a KeypadLinc button is Toggle mode. Press a KPL button and it sends an On command, press it again and it sends an Off command, press it again it sends an On command, and so on. The KPL button toggles between On and Off commands.

There are two non-toggle modes, non-toggle On and non-toggle Off. In non-toggle On mode each KPL button press sends an On command. In non-toggle Off mode each KPL button press sends an Off command.

The KeypadLinc User Guide is a good source for functional information. Around Page 11 discusses Toggle/non-toggle mode. Around page 15 discusses Button Groups. Page numbers may vary a little depending on whether Dimmer/Relay/Dual Band User Guide

Thanks Lee you have been very helpful. I think all my issues are resolved. Spent the last couple of hours setting up scenes, and then labeling switchlincs that are in multi-gang faceplates. Next week I plan to Label buttons on keypads.

• 1 year later...

Please explain how can I accomplish this:  (KPL 8button with ISY994i)

Button A switches lights ON 100%, Button B switches A to 90%ON, Button C switches Button A to 80%ON, Button D switches Button A to 70%ON and so on....

AND, Any formerly pressed button will be switched OFF with pressing a new Button (except Button A).  All buttons are in toggle mode.

Thank you!

Create one scene for each Button/Onlevel.  Make the appropriate button the controller for each scene.  Add the remaining buttons to each scene as responders.  Set the responder on levels to 0 in each scene for the buttons that should be off and the lights on level to the desired level.  Make sure to adjust the on levels in each scene both with the scene name selected and with the controlling button selected.

Keep in mind that if this KPL is controlling the load, then "A" will be lit anytime the load is on at any level above 0%.  If the load is controlled by a different device, then this limitation will not apply.

-Xathros

Thanks so much for helping me!

I made a big plunder. Before I contacted the forum on this issue I ignored the warning and did "button grouping". Now I have created in issue I cannot resolve. The ISY shows show that button H,G, F are always ON and I cannot switch them OFF on the ISY. The buttons on the KPL are not lid up. I factory reset the KPL and that did not resolve the issue. What can I do?

One other question:

I created a program: If 

from sunset to sunrise next day)

Then set Room1 "ON"

Else wait 10 minutes, set Room1 "OFF"

I would like to have the On and OFF slowly raise to ON and OFF but "fade on /off" does not work for that.

How do I do that?

Thanks for your help!

Use the Buttons Toggle Mode to set the KPL buttons to All Toggle, then Factory Reset KPL.   Right click on KPL Primary node and select Restore Device.   That should set the buttons back to toggle mode.

If Room1 should always ramp slowly On and Off set the Local Ramp Rate for Room1 to the desired Ramp Rate.   If only this Program should ramp slowly define an ISY Scene with Room1 as Responder.   Set the Scene Responder Ramp Rate to the desired Ramp Rate.   The Program uses the ISY Scene (Set Scene 'xxxx' On/Off) to turn Room1 Scene On and Off which will use the Responder Ramp Rate.      

Archived