After a few minutes I can no longer connect to ISY

ellesshoo

After power cycling the ISY I can connect to it for maybe 5 minutes but after that it can no longer be accessed via the web or admin console. Sometimes I think it's still working on the Insteon side of things because programs seem to be running even though it can't be accessed (this isn't always the case, maybe 50% of the time). This has just started happening this past week for no apparant reason. I'm considering nuking the whole thing to see if it's just something deep down that's all jacked up. I have a few questions about this:

1) How do I completely nuke the ISY back to factory settings, no programs, devices, etc?

2) If I restore a recent backup should I expect to have problems because the backup was done while I had problems?

3) Will restoring a backup restore all my device nodes, scenes, programs, PLM, etc or are there some things that are not captured in the backup that I should know about?

4) Has anyone else had this issue and found a way to resolve it?

Hi ellesshoo,

After power cycling the ISY I can connect to it for maybe 5 minutes but after that it can no longer be accessed via the web or admin console. Sometimes I think it's still working on the Insteon side of things because programs seem to be running even though it can't be accessed (this isn't always the case, maybe 50% of the time). This has just started happening this past week for no apparant reason. I'm considering nuking the whole thing to see if it's just something deep down that's all jacked up. I have a few questions about this:

Do NOT do that as whatever is causing it will not go away on its own. Questions:

1. What's the firmware version?

2. Do you use HTTPS

3. Are you on a low bandwidth or heavily loaded network

4. Can you send your Error Log to support@universal-devices.com?

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived