Are all 2413S the same?

Goose66

I notice the 2413S on Smarthome.com says its now compatible with HouseLinc software. I would like to use this software to troubleshoot my Insteon network. The 2413S on Amazon is $6 cheaper and Prime eligible but doesn't necessarily say its HouseLinc compatible. Does anyone know if all 2413Ses are the same?

It is a change to HouseLinc, not the PLM. When HouseLinc was fee based it required a 2413xH which had support for HouseLinc license management. Now that HouseLinc is free the product has been updated to accept a standard 2413 or 2412 PLM.

Not all PLMs work with Houselinc.

Early 2412S PLMs with firmware <70 seem to be not found in my tests and reports on the Smarthome Forums. They also are the ones with the small link database of 417 entries.

Houselinc and the PLM you are using will add links in your devices not known by your ISY controller and its PLM.

So it is possible to mess up your devices link databases.

If memory serves me. Some Houselinc users factory reset their devices after using Houselinc and then restore them from their ISY controller.

I found Houselinc will not automatically add my old I1 modules. It required me to use the set button after the automatic add failed. Probably because they are I1.

Archived