Release 4.0.4 RC1 Is Now Available

Michael,

ISY uses the UUID (MAC address) for all advertisement. So, it's unlikely that what you are describing is the root cause. It is more likely the case that first Admin Console loses the connection to ISY and then, sometime in the future, it hears a UPnP advertisement for a device (in which case there's really no browser involved) and then uses whatever the advertisement suggests.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michael,

ISY uses the UUID (MAC address) for all advertisement. So, it's unlikely that what you are describing is the root cause. It is more likely the case that first Admin Console loses the connection to ISY and then, sometime in the future, it hears a UPnP advertisement for a device (in which case there's really no browser involved) and then uses whatever the advertisement suggests.

With kind regards,

Michel

I thought upnp was deprecated?

Multiple tests I have done have shown the same as I have indicated above. If I access the ISY with http://ip.ad.dr.es I *reliably* only have to login to the GUI once only. If I start from a newly logged on session, accessing with *any* name (via dns, hosts file or other name resolution), I get multiple login requests by the GUI.

I'd be interested to find out if others who get multiple logins continue to get them if they access the ISY by IP address rather than by name.

Hi Michael, thank you.

As much as I do not believe this to be the root cause, we'll certainly test it. Again, I think you lose connectivity first (for whatever reason and perhaps it has to do with your firewall or proxy) and then ISY pops up the authentication again.

What you might want to try is: make sure ISY is NOT on the same network as the dns-name (i.e. you are remote) and see if that also exhibits the same problem.

With kind regards,

Michel

io_guy Good to know. I'm going to try from an external connection tomorrow (to eliminate a secondary upnp broadcast causing the issue as Michel asked) - but (at least initially) it seems my experience is repeated with your test.

I find it very hard to believe that a rogue 'disconnection' would cause this - especially since the 'authorization' header is still intact. A disconnect shouldn't matter. The GUI connection to the IP after the initial connection and authentication was against the host name would cause it though.

I'll follow up again tomorrow when I have done more testing.

Michael.