Adjust thermostat setpoint up or down by one degree

I would like to create a scene or write a program that would adjust the thermostat setpoint by one degree each time I push a button on my KPL or RL-2. If I am sitting at my desk or lying in bed and I feel a chill, I want to turn on the heat. I do not need to know what the current setpoint is. All I know is I'm cold and I want the furnace to kick in (or A/C if I'm feeling warm). I don't know where to start to make this happen. Is it a scene or a program?

I have a Venstar T1900 Dual-fuel thermostat with a 2441V Insteon adapter (version 2). I have a heat pump with a natural gas furnace, all controlled with my Venstar. T1900. I use an ISY-994i/Pro controller.

Any advice or program tips to get me started would be appreciate.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Michel-

Will this work using a RemoteLinc-2 (aka Mini Remote)? The other six buttons on my RemoteLinc work best in toggle mode, but it looks like I need to be in non-toggle mode to adjust the thermostat. Am I correct? Any suggestions?

The Program example assumes the KeypadLinc button is operating in toggle mode. The same would apply to a RemoteLinc Mini (RemoteLinc2) operating in toggle mode.

I think the program assumes it is in non-toggle mode and always sends an "On". Otherwise only an On will up the set point which will be every other button press in toggle mode.

You can change the program to

Code:

If

Control 'KPL Button' is Switched On

Or Control 'KPL Button' is Switched Off

Then

Set 'Thermostat' Setpoint Up 1°

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

This will up the setpoint on every button push in toggle mode.

Archived