Elk module

paulinlapine

The updates are not accurate unless I do a query. If a device is on and the console shows it to be on, I can manually turn it off and the console will still show it as on until I do a query, then it will show as off.

Paul

Hi Paul,

There are much deeper problems than just status updates. Have you recently changed the PLM? If so, please do make sure to follow up with File | Restore Modem (PLM). If not, please go to Tools | Diagnostics | Show PLM Link Table, click on the Start button and then wait for it to complete. Once done, click on the Count button. How many links do you have?

Let's first figure out what's going on with device statuses and then we'll address ELK.

With kind regards,

Michel

A PLM link count of 11 is very low. How many Insteon devices and type are defined to the ISY?

A false PLM link record count can be displayed if Insteon messages reach the PLM during the Show PLM Links Table. Suggest doing a few more Show PLM Links Table and Count to see if the count is always 11.

At present I have only 4 devices installed:

1-RemoteLink2 8 button #2444A2

1-OutletLink #2473

2-SwitchLinks #2477

I tried the 'Show PLM Links' several times and the count was 11 each time.

For some reason I can't seem to paste a copy of the table to my replies.

Paul

With that few devices the count of 11 is likely correct.

What are you using to couple the two 120 v phases? If the SwitchLincs are Dual Band has the 4 tap Set button test been run to verify the SwitchLincs are installed on opposite phases.

With the ISY not receiving any events there is another possibility. What AV is being used? Kaspersky and Avast are common blockers of data being pushed from the ISY to the Admin Console.

Sorry for the delay , I've been gone

The two switchlinks are dual band and are on opposite phases.

My only security software is Microsoft Security Essentials

The 4 tap test on either unit doesn't do anything. There is no response on either unit at all.

Paul

How have you verified the devices are on opposite phases? The lack of response could indicate they are on the same phase or not in RF range of each other. Initiate the 4 tap Set button set on the PLM and see if either SwitchLinc reacts.

I verified the phases by checking the circuit breakers in the panel. The 4 tap test on the PLM did work. One SwitchLink flashed red and the other one flashed green. They should be in RF range of each other, they're about 15 feet apart.

Paul

Archived