Xbox one widget for the side of the screen

arw01

with the release of the Xbox one, I see a need for a ISY widget on my tv to work with the new kinect. Anyone know how to get on the developer lists for the xbox? I'd love a little snap widget that I could say, ISY or

Webby in my case and have it pop out some stats and be ready for voice control of the house.

Alan

• 1 month later...
with the release of the Xbox one, I see a need for a ISY widget on my tv to work with the new kinect. Anyone know how to get on the developer lists for the xbox? I'd love a little snap widget that I could say, ISY or

Webby in my case and have it pop out some stats and be ready for voice control of the house.

Alan

That's a fantastic idea. With the XBOX One always-on design and Kinect sensors, using voice or gestures to control the ISY devices and scenes would be incredible.

• 1 year later...

I had a similar idea. What I'm trying to do is create a custom web dashboard hosted on my ISY, that's optimized for viewing and controlling on the xbox. Then I can just open that website in Internet Explorer on the xbox, and pin the page to home. It's not quite as smooth an integration as if it were a proper application on the Xbox, but its pretty easy to build and doesn't require any developer licensing.

There are three cases I'm targeting:

* Full screen dashboard

- I can use voice, as an example: "Click on 'turn on lights'"

- I can also use hand gestures or the controller

* Snap dashboard

- Like you described, I can have some basic controls/statistics snapped to the side of the screen while in a game/watching TV/etc.

* Quick action PINs

- I can pin special URLs directly to the home screen to do actions like set theater lighting, adjust temperature, etc.

I'm currently trying this using only the ISY Web Server since I don't want to take a dependency on any other equipment being turned on/maintained. One drawback with this method is every time I power up the xbox I need to retype my credentials. All the logic has to be done through ISY programs and JavaScript in the browser, but this is actually fairly powerful.

Archived