Fan program and general question

Nikki

I searched the forums and there is so much great information, but unfortunately I couldn't find what I was looking for.

Anyway, I am trying to have a program control the fan speed, but somehow all I get is it to turn the speed to Low and it disregards the other speeds and off command. My first question is, how does a program in ISY register that there was a change.

E.g. I have a program that turns on a light at sundown and turns the light off at sunrise. Now if somebody manually turns the light off before sunrise, does the ISY query constantly to turn it back on? Or would the light just stay off? Since the program condition is 'leave the light on until sunrise' Same goes for the planned fan program. If the fan is supposed to run on medium speed at let's say 70 degrees, but somebody switched the fan manually, would a program always return the speed back to medium as long as it is 70 degrees? How does the ISY look for such changes and how does it try to correct those conditions?

Here is the program I use for the fan. It is supposed to increase the fan speed with temperature (outside and inside) increase and decrease the fan speed when it cools down.

I am new to this so if anybody could help and explain it in layman terms, I would very much appreciate it :)

Thank you,

Nicole

post-4423-140474159597_thumb.jpg

post-4423-140474159597_thumb.jpg

post-4423-140474159598_thumb.jpg

"Now if somebody manually turns the light off before sunrise, does the ISY query constantly to turn it back on?"

No. The ISY does not query a device (except at 3 AM). Only if a Program If section checked the Status of the light and performed Action would something happen to the light.

"Or would the light just stay off?"

Yes, it would stay Off. Only if a Program specifically checked the Status of the light and did something when it found it Off would something happen.

"Since the program condition is 'leave the light on until sunrise' Same goes for the planned fan program. If the fan is supposed to run on medium speed at let's say 70 degrees, but somebody switched the fan manually, would a program always return the speed back to medium as long as it is 70 degrees?"

No, not the way you have it phrased. The posted Programs check for thermostat temps anded/ored with weather data. If either of these change values the Program is triggered so it depends on the new values and the way the If is coded. The Programs do nothing relative to the Status of lights or fans.

The ISY makes no attempt to interpret what conditions it thinks you wanted. A Program is triggered based on what the If section is checking. None of the posted Programs checks for the status of a light or fan so what happens to those devices is of no consequence.

Archived