Mobilinc/Tasker

jmed999

I have started playing with Tasker now that Mobilinc has been added as a plugin and I love it!

One question...I know I can get Tasker to arm and disarm my home security system based on my phone's location but I can't seem to do this for both mine and my wife's phone. ie. Have the alarm arm when both (not just one) phone leaves the range. I don't want to arm the alarm when my phone leaves the range if my wife's phone is still in the range.

How can I do this?

Thanks!

jmed999-

I am assuming that you can arm/disarm from the ISY. If so, then just have the Taskers set state mvars in the ISY. Have a program monitor those mvars. Arm when both say away and disarm when either say home.

-Xathros

Thanks for the reply! The Android version of the Tasker Mobilinc plug-in doesn't allow manipulation of variables so I'm not sure how I could do this. Maybe I could write a program for each phone in the ISY to manipulate the variables then have Tasker/Mobilinc trigger the programs as we enter/exit the range.

I don't know whether you have any spare keypad buttons that you could use as an indicator of cell phone proximity. If so, perhaps you could use tasker to toggle on a keypad button for each of your two cell phones, and trigger a program from that.

BTW, which tasker profile/context are you going to try? GPS location? Wifi in range? Something else?

Like It as well. Much faster to use tasker to trigger my garage door control - and then export the task as an app. One touch to open or close the door - awesome!

Now, if only MobiLinc on Android supported setting variables. We could do the location thing like MobiLinc on IOS does.

Michael.

Like It as well. Much faster to use tasker to trigger my garage door control - and then export the task as an app. One touch to open or close the door - awesome!

Now, if only MobiLinc on Android supported setting variables. We could do the location thing like MobiLinc on IOS does.

Michael.

Michael, would you mind sharing your tasker steps and process for this. I find it a pain to open mobilinc, get out of whatever I was in last, go into my scenes or devices, scroll down the list, find the garage door, select open, wait for mobilinc to finish connecting (seems my nexus still likes to just shut off radios randomly), and then maybe the garage door is opening. By the time I walk to the door, key the code and it starts, then Mobilinc get's its connection and closes it again.

The sounds of ONE button to push sounds so much nicer.

First, you need to make sure you allow non- play apps to be installed. 'Settings' 'Security' 'Unknown Sources'. Make sure it's checked.

In Tasker, I created a single task 'Activate Garage'

I gave it an icon (I picked the car one - but you can use any icon you choose of course. This becomes the application icon)

My task has a single step - it uses the MobiLinc plugin to turn 'on' the iolinc device hooked up to the garage door controller

Test by running the task - to make sure it works and the door operates

Back on the list of tasks - long-press the 'Activate Garage' task. From the button bar - press the three dots and click 'Export'

Click 'As App'

The export will run, and you get a little Android icon. Press it and the exported application will be installed.

There you go. Put the app icon wherever you need it (I have mine in a group so it's harder to accidentally press)

Hi Michael,

You could create two programs to set a variable to a 1 or a 0 and use these as the hooks into your Tasker library to achieve the same effect as iOS and geo-fencing.

Wes

Ahh - gotcha. I had a whole reply about how MobiLinc on Android cannot do variables, then re-read to see you said 'program'.

I guess it could be one program - with the then and else paths setting the variable.

Yeah creating an app is easy! Just export the task.

I'm really digging Tasker!

Also to toggle a Var just set up a program to do this then run the program from Tasker/Mobilinc!

The possibilities of Tasker with Mobilinc are endless. We need a whole forum section on just this, lol!

• 4 months later...

If I was having to worry about two phones, I'd use AutoRemote to have the two Androids talk to each other.

Android 1 sends a message to Android 2 "Are you at home?"

Android 2 looks at the "ATHOME" Tasker variable which is set by entering an AutoLocation Geofence and sends "Yes I'm home" or "No, I'm not" and that makes the decision to arm the system.

Same program will work for the Android 2 to find out if Android 1 is home/away.

Something like this on BOTH Devices to RESPOND to each other:

Profile:

Autoremote Message "AREUHOME"

Task:

Send Autoremote Message to Android # "YESIMHOME" IF ATHOME matches YES

Send Autoremote Message to Android # "NOIMNOTHOME" IF ATHOME matches NO

And for the Location Awareness on both devices:

Profile:

AutoLocation Geofence

Home Geofence

ENTER Task:

Variable Set: ATHOME Value: YES

EXIT Task:

Variable Set: ATHOME Value: NO

Then to Arm the system:

Profile:

AutoRemote Message NOIMNOTHOME

Task:

Plugin Mobilinc Run Then condition on whatever program you have for your System Arm

To INGORE Arming:

Profile:

AutoremoteMessage YESIMHOME

Task:

Wait 1ms

That's just a basic idea, I'd expand upon that to make sure you don't have to pay any unnecessary false alarm fees or the police showing up at your door, lol.

I do a Wifi connected that will NEVER arm my system under any circumstances. So, if GPS wanders for some reason, as long as Wifi is connected it won't show you away from home.

If you have questions please feel free to ask away!

Archived