Scene Embedded in Program

Chasewood

I have a mixture of INSTEON and X10 light switches and a program that turns off all of them.

The actions (Thens) in the program consist of a list of "all offs" for the X10 switches and an "all INSTEON off" scene for the INSTEON switches.

To put the "all INSTEON off" scene in the program I have to specify three fields: Insteon/X10, Device or Scene, and Action (on, off, fast on, fast off, etc.).

I am confused as to what the effects are of the various options under Action for my "all INSTEON off" scene.

I can see different effects using "on" from "off," but I can't figure out what's causing them. The "all off" scene sets each device to a specified state, so what differences in execution are there between setting "all INSTEON off" to On and "all INSTEON off" to Off in the program?

If this has already been addressed, could you point me to a relevant thread, please?

I am unsure I understand your question.

The "all off" scene sets each device to a specified state, so what differences in execution are there between setting "all INSTEON off" to On and "all INSTEON off" to Off in the program?

Setting a scene ON will turn each device within the scene to it's pre-defined ON levels. Setting the same scene to OFF turns all devices in the scene to OFF. The fact that you named the scene "all INSTEON off" does not mean that you cannot use that scene to turn this scene ON.

am confused as to what the effects are of the various options under Action for my "all INSTEON off" scene.

-action ON will turn each device within the scene to it's pre-defined ON level, at the pre-defined ramp rate

-action FASTON will turn each device within the scene to 100%, instantly

-action FASTOFF will turn each device OFF, instantly

-action OFF will turn each device OFF, at the pre-define ramp rate

I am unsure I understand your question.

The "all off" scene sets each device to a specified state, so what differences in execution are there between setting "all INSTEON off" to On and "all INSTEON off" to Off in the program?

Setting a scene ON will turn each device within the scene to it's pre-defined ON levels. Setting the same scene to OFF turns all devices in the scene to OFF. The fact that you named the scene "all INSTEON off" does not mean that you cannot use that scene to turn this scene ON.

am confused as to what the effects are of the various options under Action for my "all INSTEON off" scene.

-action ON will turn each device within the scene to it's pre-defined ON level, at the pre-defined ramp rate

-action FASTON will turn each device within the scene to 100%, instantly

-action FASTOFF will turn each device OFF, instantly

-action OFF will turn each device OFF, at the pre-define ramp rate

Archived