MobLinc Pro - Basic Questions from New Owner

pjjameso

As others have done I bought the Pro version a while back and now doesnt work as cloud subscription has expired. I use dyndns for my NAS and would like to use Pro to check on the lighting when i am on the road. What are the steps to set this up? Do I need to purchase the network module?

Tried searching but didnt find any answers off the bat... Thanks in advance.

So you want to set up port forwarding a such with your router so you can not use the Mobiconnect subscription?

There is a write up in the wiki for port forwarding so you can access your ISY from outside your local network.

Alan

Basic question first, do I need to purchase the network module? When i try and enable internet access I get the following error: Failed Enabling Internet Access.

No. You do not need the networking module just to allow external access to your ISY.

If the auto enable does not work, chances are you do not have a router that is compatible, or you have upnp turned off on the router. You will have to configure your router manually - the wiki page referenced (http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index ... o_Your_ISY) should give you the ISY specific info needed. The rest should come from the manual to your router.

Or you can buy MobiLinc Connect.

Archived