KPL button to be lit when lights are on

I want to have the LED for button C on two different KPL-6s to be lit whenever any of my bedroom lights are on.

I have a scene that has the two C-buttons as responders-nothing else in the scene.

This is my program:

If
       Status  'Mbr.C.FL.Ceiling fan-Light' is not Off
    Or Status  'Mbr.W.SD.Closet1' is not Off
    Or Status  'Mbr.W.SD.Closet2' is not Off
    Or Status  'MBa.W.SD.Vanity light' is not Off
    Or Status  'MBa.W.SD.Spa light' is not Off
Then
       Set Scene 'Master Bedroom / Mbr.Bedroom lights KPL button' On
Else
       Set Scene 'Master Bedroom / Mbr.Bedroom lights KPL button' Off

When the vanity or spa light is on, the LEDs are lit. When any of the other lights are turned on, the LED is lit for about one-half second, then goes out. I can't understand why two devices work as intended, and the rest do not.

The ceiling fan is a FanLinc, controlled by the main button of one of the KPL-6s

Closet1 is controlled by a motion sensor linked to an older SwitchLinc dimmer (not dual band)

Closet 2 is controlled by a dual-band SwitchLinc dimmer

The spa and the vanity lights are controlled by dual-band SwitchLinc dimmers

I have a similar group of scenes and programs to control the lights in my office, and it was working fine. I can't see where my bedroom lights program is different from the office lights.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

(My next step will be to have the LEDs go off when all of the lights are turned off, either by pushing either button C or shutting off each light from its controller.)

Thanks for your help.

Program looks good to me. I would consider other possible causes. Symptom suggest THEN path cause change in status of one of your conditions. Do you have any x10 addresses in use? Are any of these devices in other programs?

Perhaps watching the event viewer when you trigger one of your problem devices would yield a clue.

Thanks. Is there a wiki article or a thread that can tell me how to interpret event logs? All of the DONs, and STs, 02 62 and 02 50 and such?

Look at the simple things first. Look at the Status displayed in the Current State column of one of the other devices that is not working. When the device is turned On does the Current State column indicate On and remain On? Watch the Programs | Summary page for the posted Program. Does it show a Last Run Time when the device is turned On with a Status of True? Does the Status then change to False? For this particular Program is the Save Needed indicator on for the Program Icon?

Archived