Can I use a Network IP Video Encoder?

GuitarBuilder

I am afraid not. The ISY knows nothing about video at all. You might be able to do some control of the device from the ISY network module if the device has some kind of network accessible user interface but that would be about it.

-Xathros

I would be interested in hooking up an Axis P7214 Network IP Video Encoder to my ISY system - it accommodates 4 analog video cameras. Will that interface with my ISY994iPro?

Technically Xathros is correct, but expand on what you mean by Hook up? what function are you wanting the ISY to accomplish with the recording device?

BTW which axis cameras do you have? What do you think about the resolution, etc?

Alan

I would be interested in hooking up an Axis P7214 Network IP Video Encoder to my ISY system - it accommodates 4 analog video cameras. Will that interface with my ISY994iPro?

Technically Xathros is correct, but expand on what you mean by Hook up? what function are you wanting the ISY to accomplish with the recording device?

BTW which axis cameras do you have? What do you think about the resolution, etc?

Alan

The encoder is for encoding analog cameras to an IP signal. It's not a camera. The video is probably not much better than a standard analog camera on a decent DVR.

Archived