Which unit for upgrade from 99?

madcodger

Sorry to be a bit thick on this, but I'm getting ready to upgrade from my 99iIR Pro to a 994 and want to "future proof" as much as possible. I currently use my 99 to control my Insteon network and also have it tied into my Elk with that module. Most manual control is via eKeypad on an iPhone. I don't use the IR function today, but likely will in the future. The biggest add-on I'm considering is a Brultech or similar device to measure our electricity consumption on an individual circuit basis. For that, I'm considering the Brultech GEM but may hold off on the purchase until they advance it a bit more (the 1240 measures only 7 circuits, which isn't enough for me). I may also fire up HomeSeer again if v3 proves stable, but may also go to Indigo or another Mac platform instead. I WISH that 1) I could get my Davis weather station to integrate with the ISY and 2) that the ISY allowed me to more easily graph certain parameters like "on time" of certain devices as those are the main reasons I would need a computer-based program in addition to the ISY and Elk, but can live without those functions.

So...

I THINK the ISY device I now need is the ISY994i Z/IR PRO. Is that correct? Any other thoughts or suggestions before I pull the trigger?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,

If you are planning to also have some Z-Wave devices, then you will have to choose between energy monitoring and Z-Wave i.e. you can either have Zigbee OR Z-Wave. If Z-Wave integration is more important, then you should just get the regular 994. If Energy Monitoring is more important, then 994i Z series would be the right choice.

Integration with Davis Weather Station and others can be done on both once we have the functionality.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks, Michel. No desire for Z wave given the number of Insteon devices I have, so Z series for future energy monitoring it is. Will be VERY eager to test the weather station integration whenever you folks are ready. Just let me know!

Thanks,

Joe

Archived