Keypadlink 2486D LED Brightness - Off value stopped working?

arzoo

I have a strange problem with one of my 2486D keypads – the Off LED brightness no longer works. I have the LED brightness set to 1 for Off and 7 for On, but the buttons do not light up in the Off state. I’ve tried other values for the Off state, but the buttons never light up. The On state LED brightness works as expected. This keypad had been installed and worked perfectly for the past year up until a few days ago. Is it possible the device has malfunctioned? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

First thing I would try is Right click the primary node of the KPL and select query Insteon engine. Then try setting a different set of values (3 Off 15 On) and see if it works. If not then I'd try a factory reset on the KPL and a restore device. Test again.

-Xathros

What ISY firmware are you using. Just about all the UI has been changed to a value of 1-255 or a % Backlight level. Also what is the firmware level of the KPL.

Xathros suggestions could resolve the issue. If not keep in mind that if working with an older KPL that expects Off and On Backlight levels they do not operate independently. The KPL hardware/firmware will keep the On to Off ratio the equivalent of 8 increments apart regardless of the numbers entered. This is done so there is always a visible difference between a button that is On versus a button that is Off. The 1/7 values in the initial post are invalid for a KPL looking for separate Off/On values because there is not an 8 increment difference. The KPL will adjust the values internally to insure that separation always exists.

Archived