Getting Pool water temperature to ISY

Panda88

Hi

Does anybody have a suggestion of components to enable monitoring of pool temperature. I want to get the temperature (Wireless sensor?) and read it into the ISY. I assume this must happen through the network interface, and maybe using an raspberryPi or similar board computer to present it

My idea is to control the pool pump run time based on weatherbug data and pool temperature. Should allow some electrical savings :-)

Thanks

Christian

Here is one way. There are probably other ways.

Note the internal sensor has to be replaced by the external one as there is no way to get the external sensors readings sent to the ISy controller.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=9833

That is a great way to do it if you only want to measure one temp.

If you want multiple temp sensors, you might consider using a cai webcontrol board and the one wire sensors. You may need a wifi adapter too if you don't have any wired ethernet in the area. The combo of all 3 of those things costs about the same price as the Insteon device but gives you 8 temp readings.

Here is one way. There are probably other ways.

Note the internal sensor has to be replaced by the external one as there is no way to get the external sensors readings sent to the ISy controller.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=9833

That is a great way to do it if you only want to measure one temp.

If you want multiple temp sensors, you might consider using a cai webcontrol board and the one wire sensors. You may need a wifi adapter too if you don't have any wired ethernet in the area. The combo of all 3 of those things costs about the same price as the Insteon device but gives you 8 temp readings.

I wish there was a how to article or video on this. I'd like to give it a try but I have no idea how to set it up.

Archived