Main Panel On/Faston does not trigger IF On/Faston in Progra

db2ace2

Hello,

Just when I thought I understood how ISY programming works, I find another issue that I am not sure if it is working as designed or not but it seems like a Bug to me and is causing me a lot of grief?

I have a program with an "IF" that checks Control of a Switch for "ON/FASTON". If I physically go to the switch and turn it On the programs "If" Triggers just fine. If I go to the "MAIN" panel and set the "ON" or "FASTON", the "IF" logic in the program never triggers. Shouldn't the Main Panel ON/FASTON function the same as a physical control ON/FASTON at the switch?

Thanks

Charles Seiler

If Control looks at commands flowing from the device (paddle/button press). Turning a device on by another controller (PLM when done from the Admin Console) does not trigger a Program with If Control as no commands flow from the device.

So is there any way the Program can determine that Control was turned on to the device from ADMIN Consoles Control? Basically I want the program to detect that Control was turned on regardless of what turned it on?

Thanks

Charles Seiler

Thanks but that's not the same. I want to know when control of the device was switched on, not that it is already on. Status could possibly still be reporting ON for hours after the Control was switched. I only want to know when the event actually occurred so that I can trigger Camera's and other events to occur. I don't want to still be triggering cameras hours after the switched On event actually occurred. That just complicates matters a great deal to not be able to tell when the event actually occurred.

Thanks Anyway!

Charles

I guess I will have to keep another variable and another program

If Status of Dev is ON

and VAR1 is not 1

Set VAR1 = 1

Else

Set VAR1 = 0

Then I can check that VAR to know when control was actually switched on. Its a solution, just complicate like most things with ISY. I still think setting Control from the ADMIN console should set Control just like doing it from a switch.

Oh Well!

Thanks

Charles

If Status 'xxxxx' is On triggers the Program when the device turns On. Status has to change so the Program does not trigger because the device is On but because the device was turned On. The Program triggers when the device is told to turn On regardless of how. Could be paddle/button, could be Direct command or Scene command from a Program or the Admin console.

Archived