Single ECM1240 to ISY994i Pro with Energy Monitor

wwat

Hi,

I have the energy module installed within ISY994i Pro and was wondering how I can get data from the ECM1240 to ISY for use by ISY.

I was previously collecting and storing household electricity usage data for some years and would now like to put the ECM1240 to use monitoring when certain machines switch on and off in my workshop and report those events to ISY to perform certain actions based on the events.

I currently have a Serialan set up in infrastructure mode connected to the network, this connects to the ECM on one side, and sends the usage data to the ECM Engine software located on a dedicated machine. I'm hoping I can configure the ISY energy module to talk with either the Brultech ECM Engine software or directly to the ECM1240 via the Serialan device (which I think is probably like the EP1 device).

Thanks.

Michel,

I just read another forum post on this subject. Is it correct that if I'm able to get this set up functioning I will not see the channels as nodes within ISY. If not the how do I create an ISY event to 'DO' something once it detects a certain value, like if I want to create a program to do something.

Thanks.

http://www.forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=11330&view=next

It did actually connect and displayed the data from the ECM but there were a few problems.

1) I set the polling time to 30s but it quite often took up to 2mins to update the values. I noticed that the table with values flicked every 30s but none of the values changed.

2) The connection was not reliable, it updated for 20 mins and then nothing. After that while

it seemed to connect it never actually updated any of the values.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks Michel,

It appears that the port is getting locked on the Serialan device when using the ISY energy module to poll the ECM1240 device.

This doesn't happen when I use Brultech's IA software which also polls the ECM1240 device.

In case others are trying to use the ECM1240 connected to a Serialan (instead of the Zigbee) it doesn't appear that it's compatible with

the ISY energy module.

With the following equipment I was about to get this working with Ben's (from Brultech) assistance.

I also want to thank Michel for the above information.

1 ECM-1240

1 Serialan (wireless gateway devices similar to the CP1 in functionality)

ISY 994i Pro with the electricity module installed.

The ECM-1240 needs to be put into Real-Time mode using Brultech's IA software.

Set the send interval on the ECM to 5 seconds

Set the polling interval on the ISY to 10 seconds.

Regards, Wayne

Archived