More NOOB questions.

Broyd

I recently factory reset my ISY-994i and PLM and noticed that the folder 'My Lighting' was not present after the reset. It appears to have been replace by a folder named 'ISY' which seems to have the same information in it as 'My Lighting' is supposed to.

1. Are they functionally the same folder? Is it important/significant that the folder have the name 'My Lighting'?

2. If a program that is triggered by an event, say an X-10 on command, is still running, what happens if the program is re-triggered again, before the first execution of the program has finished?

Does the ISY block the second start of the program, or does the ISY try to run the second occurance concurrently, or does the ISY run the second occurance sequentially?

3. In the If statement for a program, you can code 'If Program 'XYZ' is True (or False), what does this statement mean/imply? Is the statement actually testing the state (true/false) of the If statement for that program? or?

Many thanks again! Broyd.

The “ISY†folder name is what the 994i starts with. If a 99i backup file is restored onto the 994i the “My Lighting†folder exists from the 99i. They are the same.

There are never multiple occurrences of the same Program executing. The running variant is terminated when the Program is triggered again (assuming the Program has not disabled itself to prevent being triggered again).

The If Program xxx True/False is testing the state of the last If evaluation. Before variables one use of the True/False state of a Program was as a binary flag. It would not be used to test the True/False state of itself.

Hi Lee, Thanks!

My notion about the folder name 'My Lighting' being missing came from a comparison of my screen and the screen shot in the manual 'ISY User Guide v4.0.5 v2.pdf'.

Your statement "assuming the Program has not disabled itself to prevent being triggered again" suggests that programs commonly do disable / enable themselves to ensure that the currently executing occurrence of that program can complete properly as was intended ... is this thinking correct?

Again, many thanks for your input.

Program execution speed compared to X10/Insteon traffic speed combined with the same trigger condition happening before a Program completes is rare to the point that it is not normal for a program to disable itself. The capability is there if needed but not normally done.

Archived