Togglelinc double tap

clark21236

I posted this over at the Smarthome forum, but thought the extra coverage wouldn't hurt.

I am just trying to get a consensus here. I have togglelincs, so I am not sure if this is different with other switches. How quickly do you have to tap the switch to achieve a double tap, or fast on? Or maybe another question, how slow can you tap them to get a double tap, or fast on?

I have two switches in my kitchen that are part of a virtual 3 way. I use the master switch to trigger a program in my ISY. I use this each morning. Sometimes I tap the heck out of the thing and just can't seem to get the double tap. If I turn it off and then try double tapping it back on, this usually works.

I have another program for the slave switch. Just tonight my wife mentioned she was not able to get the program to run the last few nights. And of course it worked perfect for me.

Just curious what others see, and what I should expect.

It's hard to troubleshoot this from the ISY logs because the switches are both already turned on, and the double tap on is what triggers the program to run. And since th switch is already turned on, the ISY does not log a double tap.

I can't quantify the double tap speed other than to say to get a double tap off on a ToggleLinc, I have to tap it about as fast as I possibly can. If there is an slight pause between taps, the double tap fails. I also have to tap fairly forcefully or it doesn't work either.

I don't have any confidence in my ability to reliably double tap a ToggleLinc so I only use that command to initiate a"forced off override" program that disables the normal motion sensor control for the ToggleLinc. This override capability would be used infrequently.

I don't use Fast On so I can't say anything about that.

Archived