Wild card year.

RLIKWARTZ

Amen. And this year, except this week, every tuesday and thursday are later than mon,wed,friday.

I do want to look at the programs and see if they have a flag that says the holiday falls during the weekdays, so I can have the garbage reminder delay one day.

I'm thinking the isy will soon become the pill reminder too for the teenager while at college, the long reach of the ISY!

Amen. And this year, except this week, every tuesday and thursday are later than mon,wed,friday.

I do want to look at the programs and see if they have a flag that says the holiday falls during the weekdays, so I can have the garbage reminder delay one day.

I'm thinking the isy will soon become the pill reminder too for the teenager while at college, the long reach of the ISY!

I have mine set to email, text, and display on Elk keypads for the trash. And sometimes I still almost forget to put it out! It is especially helpful on the recycling since that is every other week. Fortunately, we have a private trash service so the city union thing doesn't apply and our trash is not pushed back after holidays.

But if yours is, you could make ISY tell you, but I don't know that it would be worth the effort.

Personally, I've had these scripts hiccup occasionally. Not sure why - but I've had to advance a day 3 times now since I implemented it (about 5 months ago I think...). I use it to restrict irrigation to only odd days of the month (ordinance requirement).

I might switch over to having Elk set an output for odd days (and base the ISY logic off that), since it seems to have a native function for this.

Did you get a chance to run the debug version of the ISY firmware, and has it had the missed advance since you put that on?

Been up for a number of months with it and no issues thus far. Only issues are Verizon sitting on the text messages, and perhaps with the two-way and variable support coming to network resources, might check your pushover set up you guys have started to use. But I do have the raspberry pi with two way communication via variables so could use that soon, rather than waiting.

Alan

Me? No. When I looked at the last run on the day it fell behind - the scripts had 'run' at midnight just passed. But the variables did not get updated for some reason. Possibly file system contention or an error on script 1 causing other scripts to not fire, I truly don't know. It happens so rarely that I have not been able to capture it. At the end of the day, I'm just not 100% confident I won't get a ticket for watering on a prohibited day. Current Village ordinances allow for up to a $750 fine! (even though they tell me that is never enforced...). Nevertheless, I want to be really sure the solution works.

Interesting that I was told on this forum (I'll have to look for that... I was asking then for better scheduling - to expose day of month, day of week etc to programs natively) that odd/even day restrictions are rare in irrigation controls (despite that being the case for two communities I have lived in, in Illinois) - and because of that there would be no consideration for it.

Since then, I have got Elk. Elk lists on http://www.elkproducts.com/automate_sprinklers.html a condition that can be used "AND THE DAY OF THE MONTH IS A MULTIPLE OF 2" and they list it on their main irrigation example page. They don't seem to think its a terribly rare need. I would think that a for-charge dedicated irrigation module should provide all the needed scheduling options common to irrigation systems, as well as the ET calculation.

Basically, it seems the Elk natively tracks the calendar stuff where with the ISY (with workaround) it is something of a compromise (a VERY clever compromise though,if you ask me!). Unfortunately, no ET calculations On Elk though. So I have to combine systems - have Elk set a 'Phantom' output for odd/even day per the example on their site, then the state of that phantom output will be used in the ISY program that triggers off this and the ET values. I have a feeling this will be more reliable - at least for me.

Fundamentally, if you have both Elk AND ISY, It looks like the scheduling options are way more flexible on Elk. Is that going to stop me using ISY - no way. I just think they are great complements for each other - even beyond the core security focus of Elk - and they enhance each other beyond the original capabilities.

Anyway, to the subject. Elk lets you do:

WHENEVER THE TIME IS 12:00AM
AND THE MONTH IS JANUARY
AND THE DAY OF THE MONTH IS 1

This is Jan 1 midnight every year - exactly what OP asked about. But you need an Elk, and that is not an easy option for many.

So, as a relatively new Elk owner myself I'm going to do some moving of some logic from the ISY to the Elk - where there is a benefit. It sure would be nice to have this level of scheduling flexibility in ISY - even if there is a workaround available by utilizing lots of chained scripts. Hence my +1 on better scheduling options on ISY. Low priority, to be sure, but still needed and useful IMO.

Michael.

I am sorry your ISY has these hiccups regarding the date programs. I haven't had those issues on my ISY. The scripts have run without fault since I wrote them quite a long time ago.

A simple suggestion, to prevent an error in watering would be to alter the email alert program for out of sync by adding the following line:

If
       $iSync is not $iDay.of.Week

Then
       Send Notification to 'your email' content 'Out of Sync'
       ****Disable irrigation programs*****

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Archived