Help with Scenes

Pdxview

Hi,

I am new to ISY so please be indulgent. I set up my first scene with one Insteon device a light switch. All i want to do in the scene is to dim the lights.

1. I created the scene

2. Added the device to the scene (did not add a controller - i will use the ISY as controller - is this right?)

3. When I run scene nothing happens. I can turn light on or off or dim from ISY control panel

I have tried this from ISY control panel and MobiLinc HD. i am sure i just don't get something basic.

Help please?

Thank you!

Peter

i will use the ISY as controller - is this right?

Yes, you may control a scene from the ISY

When I run scene nothing happens.

I am unaware of how to "run" a scene. One may turn ON (or off or dim or bright) a scene. Also, a bit more explanation of "nothing" may help. Are you trying to turn ON a scene which is currently OFF? Have you tried turning ON a scene which is currently ON? What happens?

I have a couple of possible explanations. First, is that you have set the ON levels for the switch at zero. When you select the scene, what level do you see for the switch?

Second, is it possible that the ISY has not written the changes to the device yet? In the device listing of the admin panel, do you see any little green arrows next to your switch ?

Archived