ISY programs responding to On conditions of Inputs

gkisyuser

I am not at property where the ISY is located. Can mobilinc to it though

I have two problems.

1) Motion sensor (Insteon) start linking didn't work had to link motion sensor with address set jumper 4 to on-off mode

ISY did properly show on-off condition of the motion sensor. (with delays)

When I left I unpluged the battery on the motion sensor and the ISY still shows it ON (the last state was ON)

2) I am connected to a EZI0-8

Inputs and outputs work correctly and show on the ISY and mobilinc remote

Input 1 is on, I have it switched on for program check purposes.

the Input1_State program is simple

If input1 is on

Then input1_var=1

Else input1_var=0

A similar program changes Motion1_Var when the motion sensor is triggered

Even with input 1 ON the input1_var stays at zero

Motion1 sensor is on and motion1_var stays at zero

My question is does the ISY trigger only when it sees the transition from off to on and writing a program and saving with the conditions or inputs on not let the program work?

the next program sends and email containing in the text variable values

this works showing variables I used to trigger emails for every other day at 4:00pm

So I do know that variables do change and report in the email

I wonder if the ISY was restarted would those programs change input1_var and motion1_var?

If so how do I reset the ISY remotely?

Thanks for you help

My question is does the ISY trigger only when it sees the transition from off to on and writing a program and saving with the conditions or inputs on not let the program work?

Yes. The ISY is event driven. Triggers happen at the time an event occurs (Status of a device changes, value of a state variable changes, a control event is received, called by another program etc). Saving a program will NOT cause it to trigger.

If so how do I reset the ISY remotely?

You will need port forwarding or internet access set up so that you can log into the admin console and select reboot from the system tab.

-Xathros

Motion Sensors as well as the other battery powered RF only devices have to be added using New INSTEON Device. They do not stay awake long enough to use Start Linking. The jumpers do not matter when adding the Motion Sensor. Jumper 5 is needed to configure the Motion Sensor from the ISY.

It is best to post the actual Program by right clicking the Program name and selecting Copy to Clipboard. Then paste into forum post. Posting pseudo code that is missing important keywords means an answer is based on probabilities rather than absolutes.

When using If Status the Status HAS TO CHANGE to trigger a Program. A static On does not trigger a Program with If Status xxxx is On.

Same applies to the EZIO8SA Input.

Do not reboot the ISY. This can be done remotely but that is not the solution. Change the Motion Sensor Status and/or the EZIO8SA Input. If using the Motion Sensor in On Only mode then the Program must be triggered with If Control 'xxxxx' is switched On.

Archived