A few things I've done with Mobilinc and Tasker

abuttino

In this third picture you'll see that I've placed some widgets on my home screen.

How I did that:

Zooper Widgets is a very comprehensive program that allows you to design widgets. Each of these widgets tell Mobilinc to turn the light on if it's off or off if it's on.

Then my ISY feeds back a GCM (Google cloud messaging) to Tasker to tell my phone it's actually been activated, it then turns the icon into the other picture because Zooper has a plugin for Tasker that allows you to send variables to it.

The widget will change when the variable changes. Simple as that ;)

The first and second pictures are of my Tasker scene where I've designed each of my most important lights and receptacles to toggle when press and dim (if they can be dimmed) by long pressing where a slider appears to set the dim percentage.

A little bonus.. If all the units are off, the Mobilinc text will stop glowing.

The feedback through GCM is absolutely imperative for these to work and have the status with the icon lit up.

I commonly use AutoRemote to send messages from the ISY to Tasker but there will be a new feature of Mobilinc Connect coming soon that eliminates the need for AutoRemote. I'd strongly suggest not using "Notify My Android", it does have a plugin for Tasker but the notifications for Tasker always are in the notification area. Which is just messy to me. I like to keep that area clean of unimportant garbage.

AutoRemote sticks inside Tasker and doesn't bother the user unless you say so.

The last picture was one of my most recent favorites.. It allows me to toggle lights right from the notification area. They are all updated on current status and a press of any of them simply toggles the light.

Continued in the next post.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 4

post-5759-140474160387_thumb.jpg

post-5759-14047416066_thumb.jpg

post-5759-140474160662_thumb.jpg

The other one I wanted to show was the notification area toggles..

I used Power Toggles for this because it also had a Tasker plugin and even allowed me to pick custom icons for each light (based on the icons I use elsewhere, I know what they all look like and do :))

I hope you enjoyed this.

If you'd like to do anything like this, please contact me via PM or this thread.

post-5759-140474160665_thumb.jpg

Wow awesome! I am currently using Notify my Android for some of my Insteon devices that I want to get their status into Tasker, and you are right, it's a pain having to constantly clear the notifications. I did try to use Auto Remote but I couldn't figure out how to set it up in the Network Resources screen. Can you elaborate on which settings to use? Also I didn't like that the Auto Remote I believe only works with an unsecured http connection while NMA uses a secure https connection.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

What you'll do is use the URL you get from your console at http://goo.gl/yourpersonalurlhere

Go there and make a message out, and on the right side, a URL will appear.. Just use joaomgcdappspot or whatever it is, in the host name, and then everything after that in either the path for a GET and of course, alter your message after the message=

Use a 2000ms timeout for HTTPS if you decide to use the secure connection.

If you want a screenshot, let me know.

Edit: I spoke with the AutoRemote developer and he said you can easily pass as HTTPS as well, just remember to use port 443 and a 2000 ms timeout.

I just discovered that you can use HTTPS for that URL.. So, all is good, you can now pass your messages by using the same technique I gave. But just use HTTPS instead!

I edited the original post where I described how to get your URL to reflect this new information.

• 3 months later...

Could you get some status indicators and options for the elk using the ISY as well? I am not sure when the elk module is coming out for Android (I have it on the ISY) but it seems like this could tell you arm / disarm and zone status as well as give you the option of arming /disarming it. Any thoughts?

--David

What you'll do is use the URL you get from your console at http://goo.gl/yourpersonalurlhere

Go there and make a message out, and on the right side, a URL will appear.. Just use joaomgcdappspot or whatever it is, in the host name, and then everything after that in either the path for a GET and of course, alter your message after the message=

Use a 2000ms timeout for HTTPS if you decide to use the secure connection.

If you want a screenshot, let me know.

Edit: I spoke with the AutoRemote developer and he said you can easily pass as HTTPS as well, just remember to use port 443 and a 2000 ms timeout.

Hi,

I am just getting around now to experiment with this. Would you mind posting a screenshot of the Network Resource please? I can't get it to work. Here is a screenshot of what I did.

3fZ9a0fg Thanks.

Now this is really weird. Today during the day when I played around with network resources I was doing it from my office computer logged in remotely to my ISY at home. I could not get it to work with AutoRemote. My ISY actually locked up a couple of times as I was testing the network resources & I had to ask my wife to reboot it. Now in the evening, when you asked me to PM you the full string I was already at home. So I logged in locally to the admin console to copy & paste & send it to you. I immediately saw that something is strange here. At the office I had changed the timeout to 5000ms & here it was back to 2000ms. Also I originally had the message as "Test01", later, still at the office, I changed it to "Te" since I only have yet the autoremote light version which only allows 2 letters. But now when I logged in at home I saw it still has "Test01" as the message at the end of the string. So I hit the test button, lo and behold it worked. So next I logged in remotely to my office computer, and logged in to the admin console from there. Strangely enough, I saw there the same thing as from my computer at home: 2000ms & Test01 as the message at the end of the string. I hit test, and it worked fine too. So now I am happy that it's working, but this is really strange. I wonder if someone can explain this to me & maybe it would also explain why the ISY locked up a couple of times just from testing network resources.

Thanks abuttino for your help.

Using AutoRemoteLite is going to be a big problem..

First and foremost, you must use SSL 443 and 5000 for a timeout..

After the key, you should have &message=

This is what Tasker uses to identify a message and what task it assigns to it..

My task looks like this:

ISY notices the the Bathroom light turns on.

ISY sends a message with this formatting newhalstatus=:=bath=:=on

(each item to the right of "=:=" is a command. Multiple commands are possible with more "=:=")

These are addressed by %arcomm. If multiple are used, %arcomm1, %arcomm2, etc

Tasker then activates the "New HAL status" profile because it received a message newhalstatus then runs the task assigned to this.

Just in case you are wondering HAL = Home automated lighting.

The task assigned to the profile says:

if %arcomm2 matches on

Set Variable %HALBATH to ON if %arcomm1 matches bath

Set Variable %HALLRLAMP to ON if %arcomm1 matches lrlamp

End If

if %arcomm2 matches off

Set Variable %HALBATH to OFF if %arcomm1 matches bath

Set Variable %HALLRLAMP to OFF if %arcomm1 matches lrlamp

End If

If you are planning to use the REST API, I STRONGLY suggest that you put each of your nodes into a variable.

Create a task named "Set ISY Nodes"

Variable Set %HALBATH to xx xx xx x (fill in the x's with your node info

Variable Set %HALLRLAMP to xx xx xx x

etc...

Variable Set %HALURL to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx (fill in the INTERNAL IP address with port)

On Home Wifi Disconnect

Variable Set %HALURL to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx (fill in the EXTERNAL Hostname with port)

On Home Wifi Connect

Variable Set %HALURL to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx (fill in the INTERNAL IP address with port)

For any time you want to address your ISY in an HTTP Get, Use the variable %HALURL instead of your real address. This keeps coding to a bare minimum which also makes your tasks run faster.

So, a task to turn the bathroom light on would be

HTTP Get

Server:port: %HALURL

Command: /rest/nodes/set/%HALBATH/DON (I think, lol, haven't looked at the REST API in a while)

To dim:

HTTP Get

Command: /rest/nodes/set/%HALBATH/DON/155

You couldn't possibly imagine the complexity of what I have in tasker... Over 300 tasks/profiles. Some of it is due for a rewrite.

Thanks for your ideas. It's obvious you have put in a lot of time & brainpower in all of this.

I am using tasker to send REST commands. What I also did was that I have used variables for the user ID & password as well, so if I ever change it I don't have to manually change all the tasks.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your ideas. It's obvious you have put in a lot of time & brainpower in all of this.

I am using tasker to send REST commands. What I also did was that I have used variables for the user ID & password as well, so if I ever change it I don't have to manually change all the tasks.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

REST is best.. And if you understand it, I can help you in more ways than one..

• 3 months later...
If you are planning to use the REST API, I STRONGLY suggest that you put each of your nodes into a variable.

Create a task named "Set ISY Nodes"

Variable Set %HALBATH to xx xx xx x (fill in the x's with your node info

Variable Set %HALLRLAMP to xx xx xx x

etc...

On Home Wifi Disconnect

Variable Set %HALURL to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx (fill in the EXTERNAL Hostname with port)

On Home Wifi Connect

For any time you want to address your ISY in an HTTP Get, Use the variable %HALURL instead of your real address. This keeps coding to a bare minimum which also makes your tasks run faster.

So, a task to turn the bathroom light on would be

HTTP Get

Command: /rest/nodes/set/%HALBATH/DON (I think, lol, haven't looked at the REST API in a while)

To dim:

HTTP Get

Command: /rest/nodes/set/%HALBATH/DON/155

You couldn't possibly imagine the complexity of what I have in tasker... Over 300 tasks/profiles. Some of it is due for a rewrite.

Hi,

Did you encode directly into your phone or tablet. If not, what was your option? I am running using Team Viewer to remotely control my Android device.

I am just starting to create tasks/profiles but I have a quite a number of nodes, scenes, and programs that will be also controlled by Tasker.

Thanks

Can you define "encode"?

Check this task out:

NFC/AV-Front Door (277)
A1: HTTP Get [ Server:Port:%HALURL Path:/rest/nodes/%NODEFDOOR/cmd/DON Attributes: Cookies: Timeout:10 Mime Type:text/xml Output File: Trust Any Certificate:Off ] If [ %HALFDOOR ~ OFF ]
A2: HTTP Get [ Server:Port:%HALURL Path:/rest/nodes/%NODEFDOOR/cmd/DOF Attributes: Cookies: Timeout:10 Mime Type:text/xml Output File: Trust Any Certificate:Off ] If [ %HALFDOOR ~ ON ]

A3: HTTP Get [ Server:Port:%HALURL Path:/rest/status/%NODEFDOOR Attributes: Cookies: Timeout:10 Mime Type: Output File: Trust Any Certificate:Off ]
A4: Variable Set [ Name:%status To:%HTTPD Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
A5: Variable Split [ Name:%status Splitter:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Can you define "encode"?

Check this task out:

NFC/AV-Front Door (277)
A1: HTTP Get [ Server:Port:%HALURL Path:/rest/nodes/%NODEFDOOR/cmd/DON Attributes: Cookies: Timeout:10 Mime Type:text/xml Output File: Trust Any Certificate:Off ] If [ %HALFDOOR ~ OFF ]
A2: HTTP Get [ Server:Port:%HALURL Path:/rest/nodes/%NODEFDOOR/cmd/DOF Attributes: Cookies: Timeout:10 Mime Type:text/xml Output File: Trust Any Certificate:Off ] If [ %HALFDOOR ~ ON ]

A3: HTTP Get [ Server:Port:%HALURL Path:/rest/status/%NODEFDOOR Attributes: Cookies: Timeout:10 Mime Type: Output File: Trust Any Certificate:Off ]
A4: Variable Set [ Name:%status To:%HTTPD Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
A5: Variable Split [ Name:%status Splitter:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

As an additional question - if I want to get the status of a node using

http://192.168.1.xxx/rest/status/xx xx xx xx x

This will obviously give a status of ON/OFF. How do I capture the result in Tasker? Thus, if the status is ON, my task should be OFF.

I am just using a toggle program but I want to know the current status of a node so I can use that in my IF condition as well.

Thanks.

Archived