Control Stereo?

barkster

I used the YNC commands to make a remote using one of the 8-button Insteon RF remotes. The Yamaha remote with my receiver (RX-A1020) doesn't have a way to control volume when in party mode so it was annoying to have to switch between zones to equalize the volumes. Setting up a party remote makes it easy to equalize the volume and move them together all via RF in any room of the house. Pretty slick.

(General Header information, then XML commands that follow are unique per network message)
POST /YamahaRemoteControl/ctrl HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.100.120:80
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0
Connection: Close
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Content-Length: 105

(Unique Messages to: Turn on Party Mode, Select the Airplay Input, Equalize volume of Main and Zone2 zones, Volume up/down of both zones)

On
AirPlay
-3501dB
-3501dB
-AND-
Up
-OR-
Down

(something stripped the actual cmds, trying the XML again:)

<YAMAHA_AV cmd="PUT"><System><Party_Mode><Mode>On</Mode></Party_Mode></System></YAMAHA_AV>

<YAMAHA_AV cmd="PUT"><Main_Zone><Input><Input_Sel>AirPlay</Input_Sel></Input></Main_Zone></YAMAHA_AV>

<YAMAHA_AV cmd="PUT"><Main_Zone><Volume><Lvl><Val>-350</Val><Exp>1</Exp><Unit>dB</Unit></Lvl></Volume></Main_Zone></YAMAHA_AV>

<YAMAHA_AV cmd="PUT"><Zone_2><Volume><Lvl><Val>-350</Val><Exp>1</Exp><Unit>dB</Unit></Lvl></Volume></Zone_2></YAMAHA_AV>

<YAMAHA_AV cmd="PUT"><System><Party_Mode><Volume><Lvl>Up</Lvl></Volume></Party_Mode></System></YAMAHA_AV>

<YAMAHA_AV cmd="PUT"><System><Party_Mode><Volume><Lvl>Down</Lvl></Volume></Party_Mode></System></YAMAHA_AV>

I have 1 more question - i hope you dont mind. I would like to check the status of the AVR if it is "on". This program is providing me with the feedback. However, how do I capture it on ISY so that if the AVR is already "on", the ON_AVR_Program will not be executed anymore.

Again, thanks.

2-way communications is on the roadmap with UDI, so perhaps in the next few months you may be able to parse the return value.

I'm waiting on ping myself, I think my tv and a couple of other items will return a ping when they are turned on, so I can sense that without spending a bunch of money on syncro-lincs.

Alan

Archived