Insteon Lutron incompatibility

ChicagoAndy

Hello, I'm discovering some incompatibilities between my new Insteon / ISY system and some existing Lutron switches.

1. Incandescant bulbs on Lutron Maestro CL flash during certain intseon/ISY activitity.

Oddly, this happens only on one lamp (Foyer chandelier), and only one Insteon switch (porch lights). The lights flash for 3 seconds anytime the porch light switch is used, OR anytime ISY commands come from the ISY. It's quite distracting, and is freaking out my wife.

2. Lutron Maestro Motion detector turns on every time there's ISY or Insteon activity. The lights turn off after the normal timeout.

Are these incompatibilities documented somewhere? Is there a solution that doesn't involve me replacing half the switches in my house?

Appreciate any responses,

Thanks.

I have never seen any such list of incompatibilities as the combinations would be endless.

The Insteon power line signals are getting into the Lutron's Electronics and it sounds like they where not made with power line commands being on the power lines, being a factor. I would imagine they may also be effected by X10 and UPB protocol power line commands.

Will look around and see if I can find some type of small filter you could wire into the Lutron's Line connections.

Leviton made a nice one but I believe it was discontinued.

Lutron does make a filter bit it looks like they are for 600 watts and above. For smaller loads they recommend calling their technical support group. Also extremely expensive.

http://www.lutron.com/en-US/ResourceLibrary/360283.pdf

Archived