Dynamic DNS or DynDNS

I have noticed that DynDNS has a Linux/Unix client available. Would it be possible, or is there already a way to have it directly on the ISY? This would be very convenient for a multiple location, vacation home, or multiple customers that a person would need to access. Not all setups and routers are the same. I have clients that have vacation homes that would like to monitor and change, but do not have a PC running at all times. If the ISY could do this, it would solve many problems.

Thanks!

Brent

Isn't a DynDNS client better suited to be on a modem or a router instead? The ISY isn't directly connected to the broadband line/cable, but must be accessed through one or both of those devices.

Hi Brent,

As d_l suggested, we have left dynamic DNS management to the router/modem since most (if not all) already support one (or many) dynamic DNS solutions. We tried to do something with one of the providers but they wanted to charge about $20/year per user so we decided against it.

With kind regards,

Michel

I have noticed that DynDNS has a Linux/Unix client available. Would it be possible, or is there already a way to have it directly on the ISY? This would be very convenient for a multiple location, vacation home, or multiple customers that a person would need to access. Not all setups and routers are the same. I have clients that have vacation homes that would like to monitor and change, but do not have a PC running at all times. If the ISY could do this, it would solve many problems.

Thanks!

Brent