3-Way - One "off" one "on"

davbow

I can think of a few possibilities:

a) they were turned off or on individually from the admin screen or a remote app

B) the ON level for one is zero

c) these devices (one or both) are also responders from another scene

d) the status is inaccurately stated due to a comm issue

I believe the red text indicates both are controllers of the scene, but it is worth confirming. If not, there is another possible explanation.

Did you turn one on directly from the admin console?

If you turned one on from the admin console, that generates a direct message to the target device, and it acts upon it.

Turning a device on that way will not turn on the other responders linked to that device.

If you want to turn on both devices, click on the scene name (in this case "Den Fan Light 3W") and then click the "On" button.

I can think of a few possibilities:

a) they were turned off or on individually from the admin screen or a remote app

B) the ON level for one is zero

c) these devices (one or both) are also responders from another scene

d) the status is inaccurately stated due to a comm issue

I believe the red text indicates both are controllers of the scene, but it is worth confirming. If not, there is another possible explanation.

I would add a little bit to item "d". A comm issue could have resulted in the one actually not turning on (or off) and then a query later succeeded in updating the correct status on the ISY (one on, one off). Prior to the successful query, I would have expected a failed comm message on the one that didn't update status (assuming the lights had been controlled via that scene).

Archived