ML Backup and issue with iOS7

Xathros

Hi Wes-

Two things,

Once again, Mobilinc crashed and lost a portion of my configuration. This time it only lost my favorite programs and custom statuses. I luckily had a fairly up to date config on my iPad that I was able to copy back but I don't always keep the iPad up to date so had this happened a week or two before, I would have lost a lot of work. This incident has prompted me to once again ask about the possibility of some kind of backup that could be managed on the individual devices. Dropbox, iCloud, Google drive, On device storage, anything really as long as I don't need to have access to the other iDevice that has a maybe somewhat current copy of my config. I suspect other folks may even have different configurations on different devices depending on who the devices are used by so the current solution may not be as useful to them. Is there any new news on the possibility of a better backup mechanism?

The other thing: Since the upgrade to iOS7 (maybe just 7.02 and 7.03) I have noticed that the shortcut pallet at the bottom becomes unclickable after Mobilinc has been running for a while (hours to days). I can't seem to find a specific series of actions that will cause this but it has happened a good ten times in the last week. Killing ML from the task switcher and relaunching fixes the problem for a while.

Thanks.

-Xathros

Hi Xathros,

1. We're looking at using iCloud for backup to solve this problem.

2. I haven't seen this issue before (no other reports either). In either case, the bottom shortcut menu is going away in the iOS 7 update I'm working on now. With the Notification center drag up from the bottom of the screen in iOS 7, we needed to come up with a different way to quickly access the navigation menu.

Wes

Hi Wes-

Hi Xathros,

1. We're looking at using iCloud for backup to solve this problem.

Great news! Will we be able to restore directly from the device?

2. I haven't seen this issue before (no other reports either). In either case, the bottom shortcut menu is going away in the iOS 7 update I'm working on now. With the Notification center drag up from the bottom of the screen in iOS 7, we needed to come up with a different way to quickly access the navigation menu.

Wes

When its working, I haven't had much of an issue getting it mixed up with the control center. Yours is a tap - control center is a drag from off screen. Pretty easy to do either without the other getting in the way. I do see your concern however and am interested to see what you come up with for a replacement.

Thanks.

-Xathros

Hi Xathros,

The way we did our data saving in MobiLinc, iCloud support is already there. When you restore your device and redownload MobiLinc from the Apple cloud, your settings should also be restored.

What we're looking at doing next is to do frequent backups of the configuration to iCloud so you can pick and choose to restore different configurations if you need to go back to an older configuration version all in-app. We're still early in development on this, so it could change, but this is the target.

Wes

Archived