How did this not work

andrew77

This version really seems to work.

If
       Control 'Back Hall / Back Hall Ext Door-Breezway' is not switched On   = = = This forces a false (abort timer)with a click of the "on"
   And (
            (
                 Elk Zone 'Back Door' is Violated          = = =  These 3 lines always runs a true if the light is off and the door opens at night
             And Status  'Garage / Third Garage-Breez L' is Off
             And Program 'Dark Outside' is True
            )
         Or (
                 Program 'back door' is True   = = =  These 2 cause the timer to start over on any trigger when already running (see last line of "then")
             And Status  'Garage / Third Garage-Breez L' is not Off  = = =  except because of a status change to off ( allows manual turning it off)
            )
       )

Then
       Set Scene 'Breezway S' On
       Wait  5 minutes 
       Repeat 15 times
          Set 'Back Hall / Back Hall Ext Door-Breezway' 250 (Beep Duration)
          Wait  2 seconds
       Repeat 1 times
          Set Scene 'Breezway S' Off
          Run Program 'back door' (Else Path)   = = = This causes the program to be listed as "false" except when it is actively running

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

The above program always terminates when I hit the "on" paddle of "back hall exit door breezway". So I can always abort the timer if I realize I need some time with the light on to do something after the timer gets going.

It always runs false when it is not dark outside so it has no affect on manual operation during the day.

It always runs false with manual control at night if the program isn't already running, so manual operation at night without having opened the door isn't affected.

It only runs the program if it is after dark and if the light is off to start with. So if you had manually turned the light on for a reason (doing something out there), opening the door is not going to start the timer and shut your light off on you after 5 minutes while your in the middle of something.

All of the items that are triggers will reset the timer if it is already running, except for turning the light off or clicking the on paddle of the one switch. So if you keep going in and out of the door, the timer keeps resetting. The timer will also reset at the time the dark outside program changes from true to false (in the am), this is maybe not perfect as you would probably just want the light to turn off when it becomes light out, but at least it doesn't abort the timer and leave the light on all day.

The only "weird" thing about this program is that if you change the status manually to anything but off (dim the lights) while the program is already running, it will restart the the "then" which causes the light to go back to full on.

Archived