Cannot link devices

radek

Hello,

I'm new to ISY and have been fighting newbie blues. First it was faulty PLM that would give the ISY weird behaviour. After a call with UD tech and 100KM drive, I have a new one and now it appears to work. At least the programs can be saved. However I have been unsuccessful in linking my test device, ApplicanceLink (AL).

I have tried down grading to 3.10, upgrading to 4.1 beta, reinstalling 4.0.5, rebooting, wiping java cache ... pretty much everything.

Here's my issue: i click "start linking", and within the console nothing happens. The PLM light blinks. So I press the set button on the AL, and after few secs the blinking goes out. Then ... nothing happens. After sometime PLM light stops blinking. If I try "start linking" again, I get error message "busy! Discovering devices".

Your suggestions are much appreciated.

P.S. After reinstalling the firmware, the ISY retains all information (config, password, test program). Is this normal? I thought it's supposed to do a full wipe.

Radek

When selecting Start Linking a popup should have displayed with a Finish button at the bottom of the window. I assume this popup did not display since it was not mentioned. The lack of this popup window is usually the result of firewall or antivirus blocking data from the ISY. Kaspersky and Avast are common sources of data blockage but there are others.

Because the Finish button was not clicked the next time Start Linking is used the message about Discovering Devices is displayed because the ISY is still in the previous Start Linking. Reboot the ISY to end the previous Start Linking. Temporarily shut off the AV and see if the Start Linking popup is displayed. Until that popup with the Finish button is displayed when Start Linking is used nothing should be done as data must be pushed from the ISY to the Admin Console for most anything to work correctly.

Installing an ISY image does not wipe out current configuration data. That would not be very user friendly. There should be no need to wipe the current configuration when installing a new ISY image.

When selecting Start Linking a popup should have displayed with a Finish button at the bottom of the window. I assume this popup did not display since it was not mentioned. The lack of this popup window is usually the result of firewall or antivirus blocking data from the ISY. Kaspersky and Avast are common sources of data blockage but there are others.

Thanks Lee. I will shut down my GData Security suite for the connection attempt.

Installing an ISY image does not wipe out current configuration data. That would not be very user friendly. There should be no need to wipe the current configuration when installing a new ISY image.

I was just trying to start with a clean slate.

Archived