Replace Device KeyPadlinc 2486D

swbrains

Hi,

I have the ISY994i running 4.0.5 firmware.

I have a 6-button Keypadlinc 2486D that I want to replace with a new 6-button Keypadlinc 2334-232 (dual band). I have read about the Replace Device option but when I right click on the Keypadlinc in the admin console, I don't see that option. When I right click on a 2477S or 2477D, I see an option to Replace [devicename] with..., but not for the Keypadlinc.

I also have a 2487S Keypadlinc that doesn't show the Replace Device option either.

How would I best replace the 2486D with a new 2334-232 Keypadlinc device without having to add it back in to all my scenes and update all my programs that use it?

Thanks!

Make sure the KPL Primary node is being clicked to see the Replace .... With option.

Does this mean the main "On" button? I have them renamed so I think "On" is the Primary node in my case if I understand correctly. I've attached a screenshot to show what's happening.

What does Help | About show for UI line? There is a 4.0.11 UI that may work better.

I appear to be using 4.0.11 for the UI already.

Thanks!

post-2378-140474161471_thumb.png

Click the Group Devices option. It will put the Primary node first. If you don't want to run that way click Ungroup Devices to go back to what you have now. Once right clicking on the Primary node the only way I know not to see the "Replace .... with" option is not to have a replacement for the specific device type (dimmer for dimmer, relay for relay). Being Dual Band should not matter.

Click the OLD KPL Primary button, not the NEW one. The NEW KPL node name is a temp name that will be eliminated by the "Replace .... with" option.

There must be an equal available to see the "Replace .... with" option. Same number of buttons, same type of device, dimmer for dimmer, relay for relay.

There must be an equal available to see the "Replace .... with" option. Same number of buttons, same type of device, dimmer for dimmer, relay for relay.

That explains it. Hopefully it appears tomorrow after I install the new device.

I assume I can replace the physical device in the wall, then launch the ISY admin panel. It would likely report it can't communicate with the old device. Then I could add the new device under a temporary name and then select the old device and select the Replace with option.

Does that sound correct?

Unless there is something pending for the OLD KPL the Admin Console should not attempt to talk to it. Under normal conditions the OLD KPL not being there would make no difference as the "Replace .... with" function assumes the OLD KPL is gone and will not send it commands. If a Scene update is pending I'm not sure what to do. It may take the right click and do the Replace or it may try to do the update first and then handle the Replace. Will have to try that if a pending Scene change is queued.

If the queued update is getting in the way, delete the specific change and then go forward. Not sure that will work either if the OLD KPL is totally dead.

Thanks. It should be fine. The old kpl is actually working, but ISY admin software has trouble communicating with it when I try to restore device. It works about 50% of the time, otherwise it gets a "could not communicate... check wiring" error. I can query it successfully every time though and I don't notice any issues in daily usage. Scenes and light control seem to work reliably. Not sure what's going on with the Restore Device failures.

Regardless, I ordered a current version kpl to replace it and it's also dual band, so I'm hopeful it will help with communications. If not, I'll continue to troubleshoot other possible causes. I already have a wired-in phase coupler and two access points. I also have my UPS and power strips on FilterLincs.

Archived