using comodo PositiveSSL and CA

aweber1nj

Something appears to be wrong with my install of my Comodo PositiveSSL on my isy994i (Pro).

It works/connects fine from my desktop browser on my Win7 PC, my android phone (with Chrome browser) says the site/certificate is not trusted, and my WinXP PC won't connect to the HTTPS at all.

I have ruled-out firewall issues on the WinXP PC (I shut it down).

I also can say that I installed what Comodo sent me as the "Intermediate Certificate" and the "Root Certificate" in the ISY's "CA" area, but neither show up listed as "Root" after import -- I don't know if that's the problem, but it sure feels like the intermediate and/or root certificate isn't installed correctly.

Has anyone else used this kind of SSL Cert or have any advice on how to further troubleshoot?

Thanks,

AJ

I used the FQDN of the ISY994.

I'll investigate further, but to my knowledge the Comodo certs are installed in the laptop that doesn't connect at all.

Typically if the certs aren't installed you'll still get to the page, but a big warning will appear (depending on the browser) - this may be what's happening with my phone.

When trying from Chrome on my laptop, I get:

This webpage is not available

Google Chrome's connection attempt to isy994-xxx.yyyyyyyy.com was rejected. The website may be down, or your network may not be properly configured.

-AJ

Archived