Difficulty using RemoteLinc 2 to trigger programs...

bipto

So this one's got me befuddled. I've purchased my first RemoteLinc2 (2444A2 v.37) and am having difficulty integrating it in to one of my existing lighting programs. I boiled it down to a simple test program, and I'm still having no luck getting a RemoteLinc scene button to trigger it...

By my understanding this should work, should it not..?

If
       Control 'MBR Remote - A' is switched On

Then
       Set 'Lighting / Interior / MBR Lamp Module' 250 (Beep Duration)

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

I have a 994i running 4.1.1

I've been through the linking procedure a number of times, it always succeeds with all four nodes appearing in the device list. Adding to my confusion is the fact that any of these nodes can be dragged into scenes as controllers and successfully control them...

Have I missed anything..? Any ideas / suggestions would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

That means the Program has not been triggered. Make sure Program is Enabled and a Save is not pending.

Run Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer at LEVEL 3. Press the RemoteLinc2 button and post the event trace. If nothing is traced move the RemoteLinc2 closer to a Dual Band device.

Tried this with the remote at varying distances from 2 dual band devices, moving it closer until the were right on top of them - it still does not work and I still see NO event for the remote button press.

So I dragged the 'MBR Remote - A' in to a scene as a controller, where I know it works and I STILL see no events in the viewer...

:?

Either the RemoteLinc2 has lost its link to the PLM ...

Or the PLM has lost its link to the RemoteLinc2 ...

Or the Dual Band device the RemoteLinc2 is communicating through will not reach the PLM ...

Put the Remotelinc2 into linking mode, right click the RemoteLinc2 Primary node and select Restore Device. This will rebuild the RemoteLinc2 link database and the PLM entry pointing to the RemoteLinc2. Have the event viewer running at LEVEL 3 to be sure command activity is traced.

Thanks Lee, looks like I'm all set - with your help the RemoteLinc is triggering programs as expected.

I first tried the device restore with no effect, but after the PLM restore I immediately noticed event viewer communication traffic with button presses and my programs were firing.

Curious... could this have had anything to do with my recent upgrade from a 99i to a 994i PRO..? It occurs to me that this is the first device I have added since... I did not replace the PLM, only the ISY. Should I have restored the PLM as part of the upgrade..?

Thanks again!

I would not think anything related to the PLM would be necessary. Sounds like the PLM might have gotten full as the Restore Device should have rewritten the PLM link as well. The PLM can become full of duplicate and no longer used records which the Restore Modem (PLM) would compress out during the Restore Modem (PLM) process.

Archived