Switchlinc dead?

StarRider

Have a Dual Band Switchlinc Dimmer 2477D v.41 controlling the driveway lights which has been performing well for almost a year. It runs in a scene controlling all outside lights on a total of 3 Switchlincs.

Today, the driveway lights will not turn off. Controling via the switch's paddle, ISY and Mobilinc have no effect, though they all resport that the lights are being controlled properly, including the leds on the switch.

Is this one switch fried?

Thanks.

You may want to do a power cycle reset and see if it gets better.

If the Bargraph LEDs on the left side of the SwitchLinc goes up and down like it is turning On and Off but the load is stuck On. Best to call Insteon Customer Service as I think the SwitchLinc has failed.

Results from the test LeeG pointed out may also give clues.

LeeG - The other two Switchlincs work (front door & backyard), but not the one controlling the driveway lights. They just stay on.

Brian H - I tripped the circuit breaker, but that didn't help. The LEDs respond when using the paddle on the switch only. When trying to control the switch from another device, the LEDs don't move.

I ordered another Switchlinc from Smarthome last night. Once that gets here, I'll return the old one for a replacement. Never hurts to have a backup handy.

Thanks guys!

Archived