All programs (with if condition) run after reboot?

arzoo

Hi,

Recently I've noticed that any program with an If clause seems to run after the ISY is rebooted (or a power failure) - and none of them have 'Run At Startup' enabled? After a reboot, the program summary tab 'Last Run Time' and 'Last Finish Time' for every program shows the approximate time of reboot.

Is this normal behavior?

Thanks

I have not rechecked, but I recall that there is an option to get caught up with programs and schedules that one can select or deselect. I think it is under the configuration tab.

Perhaps yours is selected and you are seeing the result of this?

'Catch up Schedules at Restart' is not checked. But 'Query at Restart' is checked - I wonder if that has something to do with it? Anyway, thanks, for the suggestion.

With further investigation, it's only the programs that check a device status in the If clause that are running at restart. I'm guessing this is because 'Query at Restart' is enabled.

So if that's the case and I don't want some of the programs to be re-evaluated at startup, what could I do?

Put your ISY on a UPS, but not the PLM. In my experience, ISY never reboots except on power cycles.
Good plan, IMO. In fact, I don't think it's EVER happened on mine except from loss of power. And if ISY is the only thing on the UPS, it could potentially run for days as the power required is minimal.
With further investigation, it's only the programs that check a device status in the If clause that are running at restart. I'm guessing this is because 'Query at Restart' is enabled.

So if that's the case and I don't want some of the programs to be re-evaluated at startup, what could I do?

as I recall, someone correct me if wrong, at reboot the ISY will query all devices so it knows what state they are in. Then it checks programs and places them at true or false depending on the If condition. It does not run them unless specifically set to run at startup.

I considered turning off the 'Query at Restart' option but I'm not sure if that could have any negative consequences.

Here's my solution; I created a variable (ISYReady) which inits to 0. I then created a program that waits 10 seconds and then sets ISYReady = 1. That program is set to run at startup. Then in any program that I don't want running at startup, I just add 'And ISYReady is 1' to the If clause.

as I recall, someone correct me if wrong, at reboot the ISY will query all devices so it knows what state they are in. Then it checks programs and places them at true or false depending on the If condition. It does not run them unless specifically set to run at startup.

That would be worth checking. I can tell you that I have a program that every once in a while runs at 3am when the system does a query all and ISY had the Wrong status prior to query. Not sure if a status of "blank" changing to "something" is considered a change and thus a trigger.

A UPS is still a nice idea. It really keeps your programs straight after a power cycle. And as mentioned, ISY only uses a few watts so that thing would run a long time. The number 5 watts rings a bell but that is just a vague recollection.

Archived