ATT iPhone text message issue

Jgdavis14

When I get a text message from one of my ISY programs it always comes in as if it's from a different phone number. I would like to have all of my ISY messages go to the same thread if possible. I've been told that it's an ATT issue and for some reason can't be corrected. I have trouble believing that. Anyone got any ideas??

Send to

your10digitnumber@mms.att.net

instead.

I think you will like the result. You can set the From in the ISY settings and that is what will show up in place of the random numbers.

-Xathros

Sorry for the delayed response.....Too much holiday stuff!

That didn't seem to work. I did it under the emails/notification tab, Setting/groups, in the SMTP settings in the FROM* space. When the note come through to the phone it shows up with the random (actually 1 higher than the last one) number where a name would be from my phone contact list. Then in the "FRM:" space is whatever I put in the From* in the ISY settings.....your suggestion.

Sorry for the delayed response.....Too much holiday stuff!

That didn't seem to work. I did it under the emails/notification tab, Setting/groups, in the SMTP settings in the FROM* space. When the note come through to the phone it shows up with the random (actually 1 higher than the last one) number where a name would be from my phone contact list. Then in the "FRM:" space is whatever I put in the From* in the ISY settings.....your suggestion.

Not quite sure I understand what you did. What works for me is:

Use: 10digitnumber@mms.att.net as the recipient of a regular email type notification.

For my Mail config:

SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com     SMTP Port: 587

UserID:      Password: 

Use TLS (checked)

All messages sent this way appear to come from isy994@xathros.com - note: this is NOT a valid address as there is no mail account associated with the isy994 but it looks nice as a one line entry in my messages list on the iPhone. :)

-Xathros

I'm also a volunteer EMT and our dispatch center sends us text messages. They too come through with this artificial return number on it. BUT my friends with Verizon have no problem having the messages come from "EMT dispatch" with no funky return number. When we complained to our dispatch, they said that ATT said there was nothing we could do about it. So I'm guessing that it's some foolish issue with ATT. Gotta love hi tech....always blaming someone else.

• 5 weeks later...

FINALLY ! ! ! It worked. Xathros you were absolutely right. The MMS was the mistake that I had in the recipient. BUT my problem continued while I was using that by getting various "invalid log in" or "authentication errors" while I was working on it. Seems that while I had my email setting page (Thunderbird) open digging up my various settings that ISY couldn't log in. As soon as I shut that down it all worked. I am forever in your debt!!!!!

Thanks.

Archived