ISY994/pro ir Stops Responding Remotely

haroldunger

The ISY stops responding via the Internet about once a month. During this time, it still sends commands to the PLM. If I reboot the ISY, it again works fine for Internet purposes. This has been going on since I purchased the unit.

I believe that the ISY is defective. If I buy a new ISY and replace the storage unit within, do I need to do anything else to make it work once it is fired up?

Hi haroldunger,

ISY is definitely not defective if your programs continue to work.

If you have Verizon FIOS or DirecTV, please upgrade to 4.1.1. Also, as BrianH suggest, if you used File | Enable Internet Access, then - and in all likelihood - your ISY's IP address has changed but the router does not know anything about it.

And, in the meantime, please send your Tools | Error Log to support@universal-devices.com.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

The errors are:

1. XML Parse Error https://xx.xx.xxx.xxx:443/desc

2. Socket open failed Java.net.sockettimeoutexception.

I do know that my Internet and router are working since I am able to access the Honeywell Total Connect thermostats. I am using Cablevision on Long Island. They do change IP addresses periodically, but since I now use my own https://dyndns....com, that should have no bearing on the situation. Also, the Internet is not enabled within the program. This problem has affected me since I bought the ISY back when we were using 3.XXX.

I am using 4.05 with the 4.11 sign-on.

I will send you the error log when I am at the home-sometime Wednesday or Thursday.

Thanks.

Happy New Year.

Harold

Michel,

Actually, someone from your organization worked with me on it. I believe that we created port forwarding rules and disabled the Internet access that I was using before. We thought that a changing IP address was the culprit. So, we eliminated that problem.

Unfortunately, Internet access still eludes me about once a month requiring a reboot. And, my MobilLinc now is unable to communicate with the ISY. Again, the Honeywell remote is having no problem. So, the modem and router are up and running.

Harold

Michel,

I'm using the dns service, not Connect. MobilLinc cannot see the status of the ISY. All the fields that would normally populate are blank.

I don't know about locally since I am away from the house now. I suspect that it won't work locally also. I'll check upon arrival.

1. 4.0.5 with the 4.1.1 sign-on.

2. Cablevision. I do use AT&T for the iPhone when not connected to Wi-Fi.

Harold

Michel,

The ISY was not accessible locally until I rebooted the unit. Once I rebooted it, MobiLinc populated and the ISY started to send texts and emails.

However, even though inaccessible, the unit still sent commands according to my program schedules as shown in the log.

My conclusion is as it has always been. I believe that the unit is defective. Your thoughts?

Thanks.

Harold

Sorry to bud in on the conversation, but I too have this problem about every month or two. I have Fios with an old Fios router. Every month or so I start getting com issues and have to reboot the router and my ISY. I had this issue with my old 99i and my 6 month old 994i, so I know it's not my ISY, but would love to know if there is a perminent fix.

Thanks for the reply. No I checked under file and I don't currently have that enabled. I use DYNDNS.com and mobilelinc to remotely control my ISY. I have my FIOS router port forwarded to allow access. I used to have an SSL Certificate, but since I switched to the new 994i I haven't been able to set that part up and haven't gotten around to figuring out why it doesn't want to work for me. I don't think that has anything to do with it, since I use to have that on the 99i and had these same problems before. I always just assumed that the system needed a reboot now and again even though that can be quite annoying.

Michel,

Have been following the string here...

I had the same opinion as bjhanson3. I just assumed that an occasional reboot was needed. Perhaps, Cablevison has the same tendency of bombarding as does FIOS.

BTW, Cablevision serves Long Island and parts of New Jersey. It serves other areas, too, but I'm not sure of the locations.

Harold

Archived