insteon 2441TH HOLD does not work

62vetteefp

From the User Guide ...

Hold overrides a preprogrammed mode to stay in the current settings mode.

While Hold is enabled, the next preprogrammed time that comes in Time of Day Mode will be ignored.

It appears HOLD keeps the thermostat from changing to the next programmed setting. Heat/Cool modes have no 'next' as far as the thermostat is concerned. That would be my guess. A question that would have to be addressed by SmartLabs for the actual why.

Or move the function into the Controller. Use a KPL button, something to indicate the normal ISY changes should not occur. Would be nice to trigger that with the HOLD button but since the thermostat did not implement it that way it has to be a different Insteon device.

Or move the function into the Controller. Use a KPL button, something to indicate the normal ISY changes should not occur. Would be nice to trigger that with the HOLD button but since the thermostat did not implement it that way it has to be a different Insteon device.

This is essentially what I did.

I put all my thermostat controlling programs in a folder, then I disable that folder based on a variable if I want the thermostat to "hold".

This is essentially what I did.

I put all my thermostat controlling programs in a folder, then I disable that folder based on a variable if I want the thermostat to "hold".

I am new at this. How did you do this?

I can probably figure out how to disable the program folder using the ISY program but how do you do this physically? Do you have to go into the ISY program or did you add a mechanical button to your system?

I am new at this. How did you do this?

I can probably figure out how to disable the program folder using the ISY program but how do you do this physically? Do you have to go into the ISY program or did you add a mechanical button to your system?

Right now, I change the variable manually in the web interface ... but I plan to add a button (probably on a remote) to do this.

Any idea how I would do this using iRule?

I don't have or know iRule, but you can run an ISY program using the REST interface:

rest/programs/thermostatHold/run

So I would create the following state variable and program, and have a button on the iRule to run the program (this example is a toggle button, but you could use the same idea to create 2 buttons - 1 to enter hold and 1 to leave hold).

This program should be disabled (you will run it via the rest interface, not via the variable triggering).

if $ThermostatHold = 0

Then 
   $ThermostatHold = 1

else
   $ThermostatHold = 0

Then add a rule to the thermostat folder to disable/enable it based on the state variable.

Note that I'm fairly new to ISY, and I haven't tried any of this, so there is probably something wrong! :)

I don't have or know iRule, but you can run an ISY program using the REST interface:

rest/programs/thermostatHold/run

Hmmm ... just noticed a note on the REST API docs that says not everything is implemented. I have no idea if the rest API shown in my post will actually work. :(

Hi KMan,

It should:

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index ... e#Programs

With kind regards,

Michel

Ah ... thanks. That wiki page is actually what I was referencing, but then I misunderstood the note at the top of that wiki page which says not all APIs are implemented in REST. I *thought* it meant that some of the documented REST API's weren't implemented! I sure thought that was strange ... now I understand.

Thanks!

Archived